Chapter Twelve

Thankfully, you had managed to achieve a new record of three hours of sleep. Though they were plagued with nightmares of the most horrifying kind. You shot up from your comfortable bed, panting heavily, you could swear your lungs were going to explode. Noticing your roommates were asleep, you let out a mental groan, swiping your legs off the side of your bed, you manoeuvred your way to your trunk. Taking out a black and yellow striped jumper from your belongings, you threw it on, along with a pair of Dr Marten boots.

Escaping the dorm room of your sleeping housemates, you slipped through the common room and out of the door. You had brought a few pieces of paper, a quill, along with some ink, with you on your adventure. Sneaking your way through the halls, you made your way up the stairs of the astronomy tower, where you sat before the bannister that held you from the tide below. Taking in a breath of fresh air, you let yourself sink into your thoughts, dipping your quill into the ink you scrawled out a letter to Lupin, your heart seeping into every word on the page. It was more an invitation to a meeting than an actual letter, you had realised this after reading it back. It read.

Dear Remus,

I have to apologise to you, I know you probably believe that I have done nothing wrong. However, I personally see, that I have done one of the worst things a human could possibly do. I have left you, wordlessly. No note, not a word, simply disappearing to wallow in my own misery about something I have no idea about. Please come to meet me at some point, most nights where I cannot sleep- which is most might I add- I go to the astronomy tower. I miss seeing your smile, your awkward moments where you go to offer me chocolate to make me feel better, only to realise you cannot give me any. I am thankful for all the time I have spent with you, and I would like to discuss some things as soon as possible.

From (Y/N) (L/N)

Taking in a breath, you waited a moment for the ink to dry, staring out at the waves that sneakily eroded the rocks it touched. Folding the letter, you slid it into an envelope, closing it without care of a seal before standing to your feet. Collecting your things, you took one glimpse at the sky, feeling all your cares almost melt away as you locked eyes with the brightest star in the sky, the tiniest of smiles creasing your lips as you turned your head back. Continuing to make your way down the stairs of the tower that captivated your heart, to leave the letter at the door of Remus' study.