Chapter 2

Friday
Today Emmeline and I get to meet our new sister! We were all in our living room and my parents were at the door talking to someone. A few moments later, my parents walked in with a girl and my dad said "Girls, meet your new sister!" The girl smiled at us and said "I'm Mariah Henrick. You must be my new sisters! I'm so excited to meet you both!" Emmeline gave her a hug. Mariah was really nice.
This is what Mariah looked like:

My mom told me to show Mariah to her room and I did as told

My mom told me to show Mariah to her room and I did as told. I walked her upstairs to her room and when we walked in, Chessy was lying on her bed. She got so happy and said "Oh geez! I haven't had a pet in forever! What's its name?!" I said "Her name is Chessy. She is real sweet." Mariah said "May I pet her?" I said "Of course! She is your pet too!" She pet Chessy and I could tell that they loved each other. Soon it was dinner time so we all ate. I asked my parents if I could go to the Drive-In with Cherry and Marcia tomorrow night and they said yes. I asked Mariah if she wanted to go and she agreed to go. After dinner, I called Cherry and told her that Mariah would be coming and she said that she couldn't wait to meet her! Mariah, Emmeline and I are going to get along so well! I just know it.

Saturday night
Mariah and I were getting ready to go to the Drive-In as we listened to Lesley Gore's Will you love me tomorrow?, on Mariah's record player. Mariah decided to wear a casual outfit:

 Mariah decided to wear a casual outfit:

I decided to wear this:

I was so excited for tonight

I was so excited for tonight. We were going to watch The Sound of Music. Our mom dropped Mariah and I off at the Drive-In. We met up with Cherry and Marcia and they loved Mariah. We all sat down and we were watching the movie until we were interrupted by a greaser flirting with Cherry. Cherry was scared and uncomfortable. She tried to get him to stop. The guy turned out to be Dallas Winston. The towns famous heartbreaker. I whispered to Mariah, "Don't mess with him, he's a heartbreaker." Dallas said "What was that, Cupcake?", talking to me. I was about to respond when I heard Ponyboys voice. "Leave er' alone, Dal." Dallas stopped and then got up and left. I then said "Your a greaser, Ponyboy?" He looked to the ground and nodded. He introduced me to his friend, Johnny and we all started talking. I took a notice to the way Mariah and Ponyboy were looking at each other. Ponyboy is 14 and Mariah is 13 so it's not illegal if they were together. I honestly think they would be cute together. Eventually, it got super late and my mom came to pick me and Mariah up. Ponyboy asked me to come to his house to study sometime that week and I told him I would on Monday.
Mariah and I then went home.

End of Chapter 2