Chapter 1

My parents talked to Emmeline and I at dinner yesterday and told us that they will be adopting a 13 year old girl from Detroit, Michigan. She will be coming to live with us this weekend! It is currently Tuesday.  Today, I woke up and got dressed for school. I was looking for something to wear when Emmeline came in my room. She sat down on my bed and started baffling about a boy in her class. She is only in 1st grade but having crushes never hurt anyone. Well it can. But she's a kid and it's only temporary!
She said his name was Robbie Summerson. I told her not to fall too hard for him and she just smiled. And then she asked "Do you need help finding something to wear?" I then replied, "How does this look?"as I held up a green flowery dress.

 And then she asked "Do you need help finding something to wear?" I then replied, "How does this look?"as I held up a green flowery dress

She smiled and said "I like it! I think it'll look good on you!" I smiled and then changed. Emmeline got dressed and we went downstairs to eat breakfast. This family is kind of wealthy but I'm not like the so called Socs because for starters, I'm on the Greaser part of town.
But anyway, we ate breakfast and my mom took Emmeline to school since she works at her school and my dad took me to school. He is a lawyer.  I love the morning car rides with my dad because he lets me listen to any music I want! I turned the radio on in my father's nice red corvette and soon the song My Girl by The Temptations, filled the air. My dad and I sang until we finally arrived at my school. He gave me a kiss on the cheek and told me he loved me. I smiled and waved at him. I walked into school and I was greeted by my best friend, Cherry Valance. Now I know I basically said I don't like Soc, but I make exceptions for her and Marcia. We are all on the cheer team. Cherry invited me to go with her and Marcia to the Drive-In, Saturday night but I told her that I'll have to see.
After that, I went to my math class. My former math teacher, Mr. Culkin, recommended that I get moved to a higher level of mathematics for he felt his class was too easy for me. So I was moved to Mrs. Violet's class. Today was my first day in her class. I was looking forward to it. I walked in and a short, brunette haired lady greeted me. I assumed she was Mrs. Violet and i was correct.
"Hello! I'm Mrs. Violet and you must be?" I then replied, "Jamielyn Motts, I am really looking forward to being in your class! I love math especially Algebra."
Mrs. Violet's eyes went wide and she seemed excited. "Hooray! I am so glad to finally have a student who is actually motivated and wants to do this! I only have one other student in my class who is as dedicated as you." She paused then looked at the rest of the students and said "Ponyboy, could you come here and explain the rules to Mrs. Jamielyn, here?" I looked to see a handsome boy walking up to us and he seemed shy but said "Of course, Mrs. Violet." Then Mrs. Violet said "Oh and Jamielyn, feel free to sit anywhere you'd like." Ponyboy lead me to his desk and offered me the seat next to him because it was empty. He then began telling me the rules. I looked at Ponyboy and said with a smile, "I think we are going to be great friends!" He smiled and nodded in agreement. Soon class began.
It was simple but I know that it will progressively get harder. After class, I went to English class and turns out, Ponyboy had switched to this class because this was Advanced English.
He sat beside me and I told him about what class is like in Mr. Hanks class.
After this class was lunch. I had gotten my lunch and Ponyboy invited me to sit with him and his friends. The day flew by and my mom picked me up. She asked me about my day at school and I told her about how it went. She started joking with me about Ponyboy and I simply laughed it off.

End of Chapter 1