evening wedding³⁵

Start from the beginning

"anyways, just about over here," doyoung said, walking over to a table. placing the basket on a chair, he started to take a few out and leave them on the table before pulling out a glowing piece of string.

renjun did the same, taking out three flowers before doyoung spoke again, "i choose these ones because of their meaning: long relationships. of course, since it's a demon and angel getting married, i have to have sharp-tipped blacks too. my mums said they had that at their wedding so it makes sense. sharp-tipped blacks have a lot of meaning to demons, don't they?"

"yeah," renjun agreed.

"good health, good luck, love," doyoung mumbled, wrapping the glowing string around the flowers' stems, keeping them together. "it was one of the easiest flowers to figure out the meaning of," he laughed. "i could just say anything positive and my mum would say it was correct."

renjun just smiled. "that's funny."

"i know!" doyoung just laughed again, his bright and dark eyes shining. soon enough, they moved on to place flowers at other tables, all wrapped up into a bundle with glowing string that kept them together.

in front of the collection of tables was a long table, which, like all the others, had a white cloth draped over it. there stood one of the grooms-to-be with taeyong, who had a brown, small board in hand with a piece of parchment attached to it.

"...it would be nice to have food from where i'm from," ten was saying thoughtfully. "and include heart fruit roots," his nose didn't scrunch up in disgust for once as he said those words. "johnny's gonna want some, knowing him."

if anything, his voice was full of fondness. taeying nodded, using his winbird feathered quill to write down his request. he then turned his head, spotting the other two walking over to them.

"oh hey," ten greeted them. "thanks for helping out."

"anything for a friend," doyoung said.

"you're welcome," renjun said politely.

"i want to keep it a big surprise for him, y'know," ten went on with a fond smile. "told johnny he'd need a little break and stop stressing over everything, 'cause stress definitely isn't good for our xiao yong."

"he always complains that you treat him like he can't do anything," taeyong said with an amused grin.

"i know, he does to me too," ten said, going pink in the face. "moving on...."

most of the time was spent placing bundles of white and black flowers on every table before doyoung made the flower crowns for the grooms (renjun thought the florist should handle that himself) and made the space where the wedding was supposed to take place tomorrow look pretty.

at the end of it all, they sat down at one of the tables to take a break and rest their limbs from all the walking around and putting stuff up. taeil had rejoined them, the demon bringing cookies for all of them to share.

"how do you feel about this whole thing?" taeil asked ten curiously. "getting married to johnny."

"extremely happy," ten said truthfully. "i guess i can go down a trip down memory lane. we've known each other for years now — it feels like all my life, johnny was beside me. i was already thinking about marrying him before i just knew i needed to and then, we end up expecting a child, and it just finally pushed me to propose to him."