𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔼𝕟𝕕 𝕠𝕗 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕃𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕟 ℝ𝕚𝕥𝕖

The two stood facing eachother as silence passed.

"I... uh, thought you weren't coming." Chongyun said looking away towards the ground.

"Yeah." Xingqiu awkwardly laughed. "It was a last minute thing."

Xingqiu stepped forward, walking closer to Chongyun.

Both weren't sure what to say.

Their silence continued as they both faced the floor.

"Chongyun." Xingqiu began to speak. "I'm sorry, I should of told you after everything that you had... that had happened."

"No. I'm sorry Xingqiu." Chongyun said in response.

And once again the two were thrown back into a wave of silence.

Everything seemed so far. Both, seemed so far, from eachother.

Xingqiu turns to rest his arms on the railing of the bridge, lantern still in his hands.

As the silence pushed on, Xingqiu gathers his strength to try and confront Chongyun about everything that had bothered him even now.

"Chongyun, I-" he tries to speak, but loses his words and lets out a defeated sigh, blowing out the candle of his lantern.

Xingqiu looked at his now dimmed lantern, and sighed once again.

"Wait, Hu Tao gave me some matches for my lantern." Chongyun says, scrambling to find some, but had failed.

"I guess... I lost the rest." He said apologizing.

"No no, it's fine Chongyun, I can release it another time." Xingqiu says. "But, to what I was trying to say..."

He takes a deep breath and continues.

"How come you never responded?" He asked gazing down at the water beneath them.

Chongyun stayed quiet, muttering the words "I didn't know."

"You didn't know what? My feelings? That I've liked you for however many years? I had told you everyday since I've realized." Xingqiu's voice remained calm, but it was hard for him to say.

Xingqiu continued. "Every time I tried being upfront, it was a joke. So that what I did. I said it was a joke, and I played along. But it hurt, even when my jokes were shut down."

Xingqiu looked up to Chongyun, meeting each others gaze.

"So tell me Chongyun... how, didn't you know?"

"i didnt know how i felt. i didnt want to hurt you..." chongyun breaks his contact away from xingqiu, grabing onto the bridges railing tightly. "and, I understand I failed that."

"you think." xingqiu said, as he couldnt help but laugh.

it began to seem funny to xingqiu, of course he was still hurt, but times where him and chongyun were ever this serious, were rare. it was nice to be able and speak with eachother. He felt, better.

Chongyun, feeling a bit hurt and confused from his laughter, apologizs "Sorry."

"Chongyun, you dont need to sound so down." Xingqiu took notice of his tone, realizing what he said wasn't the best thing. "I'm feeling better now, Chongyun. I know this morning I felt unsure, but I feel better being here with you."

Xingqiu moves closer to Chongyun, placing his hand on his shoulder as he gives him a comforting smile. "We're here to talk things out after all."

Chongyun looks back to Xingqiu, and gives a light nod before taking in a deep breath, preparing to speak once again.