Injuries

A/N: A big thank you to all those who have read my story. I am so glad that you like it so far and I'm beyond grateful that so many of you are taking the time to read it so from the bottom of my heart i thank you. I do not own James Bond in any way, shape or form; I only own Cassie.

                                                                                                 Injuries :

Bond arrived back into London very swiftly the next day. The trip had been long and tedious and he felt all the more better now that it had come to an end. After greeting Moneypenny and exchanging a very short debrief of the mission with M, Bond  quickly made his way over to Q branch to return the briefcase that he had borrowed. More importantly, he wanted to see Cassie.

Upon entering the department however, Bond noticed his smile begin to falter when he noticed that Cassie was nowhere to be seen and the Q had returned from his holidays.

"Ah 007, this is a surprise, I thought you were in Munich?" Q asked skeptically. "The mission finished sooner than anticipated Q. How was your holiday? I do hope that you got good weather."

Q rolled his eyes at the comment "I've missed you too 007." He replied back sarcastically, "if you must know I was visiting relatives in Ireland, but thank you for the concern." Bond then Proceeded to put the briefcase of the desk in front of him which made Q do a double take.

"Do my eyes actually deceive me? Or do they need testing again because I could've sworn that you have just handed back equipment that you have borrowed from me in one piece". This time it was Bond's turn to roll his eyes.

"If you want to get into specifics Q, I actually borrowed them off of Cassie, where is she anyway?" He asked scanning the place for her with his eyes.

Q averted his eyesight for a brief moment and cleared his throat "oh really 007, you're twice her age" Bond gave him a look of disgust "don't be disgusting Q, honestly does nobody ever read the files anymore?" He asked rhetorically. Bond then went on to explain recent events with Q, the poor quartermaster sat down and took his glasses off to clean.

"Good god, another Bond in the world, it does explain things to say the least; especially how some things in this department don't stay in one piece" Q said while he finished cleaning his glasses and popped them back on his face.

"How do you feel about the sudden, unexpected fatherhood?" He asked expecting the agent to complain, Bond however answered the opposite. "Do you know what Q, honestly I couldn't be happier about it." Q looked shocked but quickly put that shock aside and stood up "right then, we will need to go to medical then."

Bond looked puzzled. "Medical?" He had a confused look on his face. Q turned and saw this "Ah yes Bond, you see..."

Earlier That Day....

Q arrived an hour early into the office for his first day back at work; thinking that he would be able to have at least an hour of peace and quiet before any of the agents arrive for equipment. His hopes however were dashed however when he heard the dulcet tones of Cassie trying to sing along to Oasis.

"Hey Lyla
The stars about to fall
So what you say Lyla
The world around us makes me feel so
Small Lyla
If you can't hear me call
Then I can't say Lyla
Heaven help you catch me if I fall"

Cassie suddenly jumped when she realised that Q had been watching her, which caused her to knock her arm on a shelf that held a prototype for one of his new switch blades. Q jumped into action when he noticed that Cassie's arm had begun to bleed. "Oh really Miss Draco, I'm not even back five minutes and you're already causing yourself an injury."

Cassie giggled at this "You know me Q, I'm always an accident waiting to happen." Q put more pressure on the cut on Cassie's arm, inspecting it in the process "I'm afraid the cut is too deep for me to tend to Cassie, I'm going to have to take you to medical."he said focusing on the task at hand.

Cassie nodded reluctantly, "Lead the way Q" she replied reluctantly accepting her fate as if she was heading to the guillotine. If there was one thing she hated most in this world; it was hospitals or medical wards.

Present Time:

When Bond and Q arrived at the medical wards they noticed that it had remained deathly quiet. It felt more like a morgue than a medical ward, but alas Q disregarded the silence entirely and escorted him to the room where Cassie was getting her arm looked at.

When they arrived to the room, Bond noticed Cassie sitting on the bed with her arm elevated while her other hand was putting a pressure on  gauze on the wound, she looked a bit pale. "Hello Q, Hello James, they'll be back in a moment they're just getting all the necessary bits to start stitching me up, unfortunately when I cut myself earlier I caught a vein so it's taking longer than usual."

Despite looking pale, Cassie still had a positive attitude, Bond couldn't help but smile at that "you're in a chipper mood considering you've injured yourself" Bond said eyeing up her arm. Cassie smiled  at him "to tell you the truth James I'm actually bricking it, I don't like hospitals or medical wards I'm afraid so you two being here is actually taking my mind off it."

Bond's heart leapt at learning this new bout of information. He wanted to keep each little bit of knowledge that he learned about his daughter close to him like a well guarded secret. "You'll be on the mend soon" he said to her reassuringly. "Thank you James" she replied with an even bigger smile.

The doctor on call then returned with the necessary equipment to patch up Cassie's arm and cleared his throat "I'm afraid usual hospital policy would be family only Miss Draco but as this is not usual hospital policy, only one can be in here with you."

Cassie looked at Q and Bond, expecting them both to leave the room,  but Bond then cleared his throat and said "I'll stay with her" Cassie was surprised to hear this. "I have a promise to keep after all" Cassie's ears pricked up at this, she nodded her head in affirmation.

After saying his goodbyes and saying that he will see her later, Q left the room. Bond then took the other seat that wasn't taken by the doctor and held onto the hand that had been putting pressure on her wound. He was finally going to talk about her about her mother, suddenly Cassie felt and excitement about this upcoming conversation and she couldn't wait at all.

A/N: sorry I didn't update last night. It took a little longer for the words to be put down properly the way I wanted them to be. I hope you all enjoyed the chapter. Thank you so much to all those who have read this. Have a great day everyone!