In the beggining

I often find myself sitting on my balcony ledge. Alone. When I first moved into my home I could have guess that I would die falling off it. But I didn't expect it to be so soon. And to be betrayed. Before I start my story of never ending unfortunate events I should like to introduce myself. My name is Riley and I am around the age of 18 (believe me when you have lots of spare time your mind starts to wonder and you forget things.) I live in a small house on a cliff. You would probably be thinking that I have no company or neighbours. And if you thought that you would be wrong. Mr Duffty lives next door to me. I could describe him in more detail but I will keep it short. He's an old bat.

Now that would be rude if he wasn't a grumpy old fart. But he is. He's like those old men always yelling at little kids to get off his yard but a lot worse. And his house reeks. Wait till you find out what the smell was coming from. It made me gag. In fact the smell of it is enough to make you gag. So a few days ago I went to investigate (mistake number 1) Mr Duffty was home. So I decided to have a Snow White moment and just walk right in. You might be wondering how I got in well it was a windy day so when he asked why his door is on the floor in the door frame I will just blame the wind.

For an old bat his house was surprisingly nice and homey. Apart from the smell and the dust that covered the furniture like a blanket. Now normally weird smells come from basements but this man was different to normal creeps. Kinda.

The smell was coming from the bathroom. I figured he just did a huge donkey poop so I started heading back downstairs. That was until I heard footsteps and a grumpy voice muttering to himself. Mr Duffty was home. I started running back upstairs and into the bathroom ( it was the nearest room). This was the part where I gagged.