CHAPTER 3

Loki set out eagerly after attending to his godly lessons; and snuck out of the golden gates despite Thor's consistent nagging. Who does he think he is? Thought Loki.

He'd threatened loki that he'd tell their father about his sneaking-outs and his time on earth; Loki did not care. Thor can go do his godly stuff and iron his blonde hair and thrash his hammer around for all he wanted;

He wouldn't stay in that godforsaken place for another millisecond. The irony.

That hammer; goodness; Loki found it comical. Watching him thrash it around mercilessly against his playmates was indeed funny. For loki kept saving them all from Thor with sly illusions making him enraged.

They'd never notice the illusions in the first place; so slick he was. Not the God of tricks for nothing.

Creating illusions of angry Odin and freaky monsters while Thor practiced crashing with the hammer was indeed very interesting.

He'd once created an illusion of Thor's broken hammer and left Thor upset; it shook Odin; which gave hell to hell and heaven; quite literally .
Thor was at his worst; having an emotional breakdown and acted as if the world was going to blast away. Drama queen. They all were.

What could Loki do, all he wanted was revenge for locking him up for 2 months in the prison with demons just because Thor had discovered he went to earth secretly without him knowing. Once. The demons there; were not kind. And the prison guards; were worse. They emotionally put him down; thrashed him if he did not work hard enough.
Torture and absolute trauma. But it wasn't the first time.

He'd been lonely all his life; he wanted something great and intriguing.  Maybe fri- nope, never mind. He'd stopped believing that; after all; he was always treated as an outcast at Asgard.

He pushed all his thoughts far away, and set to enjoy the awaiting adventure of the midnight. The two boys from the previous night had captured his attention. They were intriguing hooligans..

And Now,

Loki was waiting for the two boys, perched upon a branch of the Banyan tree; located some 7 feet infront of the wooden house in the depth of the forest; the very same house where he made the white dragon appear;

It was midnight--the moon shone brightly, lighting up the path all the way.

It was an Enchanting, mysteriously horror inducing sight to see. Perfect for horrifying mischief; thought loki, looking at the view from the tree. "Oh the horror!" He chuckled to himself, thinking of all the mischievous stuff he would do when they arrived.

Just then,he saw two thin streaks of bright light rays appear, snaking their way through the tree trunks and the grass patches. Edmund, the brunette boy, came running towards the house holding a torch, he observed.

Charlie, the blonde boy , followed him. He held another torch of light. But they were not of fire. They seemed fascinating, yet strange. Light came out of two seemingly cylindrical sticks.

They crouched behind the large bushes and tree trunks and peeked through the gaps. They whispered to each other.

Loki climbed down a bit to listen to their talk.

"Why  did we have to come back now? I'm scared!"
"You're scared? You're the one who wanted to come and investigate last night!"

"Let's just go back home and sleep Charlie! Mum will be looking for us!"

"Nope, we'll stay here and play detectives. We're gonna find out all about the white monster with ruby red eyes"

"No! No! It looked scary! I'm gonna have nightmares about it and I'll never be able to sleep again if it shows it's horrifying face with it's fiery eyes again! My mind won't stop panicking like .. "

"Stop Eddy, we came here and we're staying. And I can't sleep without tossing and turning unless I get to know the ruby eyed ghost thing. We're not leaving until that thing shows up and we crack the mystery behind the ruby red eyes"

"What?! You did not want to come yesterday, but you're so stubborn now! What if it harms us?"

"We run away"

"Ha! Genius! We'll get burnt to ashy powder in milliseconds if it spots us running or even sees us for your information. You'll be known as the cruel, foolish older brother who wanted to play detective with ruby eyes and got us killed. And oh! His poor younger brother! He was too young to die! Whatever did he do! Poor boy! So pure!"

"Freaking shut up Eddie! You're the one who dragged me into this first!

'Please! Ooooh please! Pretty please! Charlie I'll do anything! Anything! I can't control my longing to meet the beauty of a monster named ruby eyes,  pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaseeeeeeeeeeeesssss
I promise I won't get scared! I'll be good! I won't change my mind once go there!'

Wasn't this you Eddie? You and your kitty voice!? Pathetic! You will be known as the brother who dragged his kind hearted older brother to death!"

Suddenly a gigantic roar was heard behind their heads. They froze, a silence laced with panic and shock settled in a fraction of a second. They turned their heads slowly, to see the pure white dragon with ruby red eyes blazing with fire, fiery red crest from it's head to the tail; it's wings were gigantic and a mixture of crimson and dark orange; thin veins spreading over to give the look of well structured, illustrious and strong wings made for the skies.

It looked fierce, strong, glorious and gorgeous.

( closest one I could find)

They stilled; at loss for words. " You're so magnificent "   said Edmund; who was battling his fear and admiration for the breathtaking dragon.
Charlie stared at the creature with wide eyes; his mind blank. He put his hand towards it; absent mindedly. The dragon bent down below and let him touch it's snout. Charlie froze.

"Yes! YES! you're touching it! It's making friends with you! We've cracked the mystery of the legendary ruby eyes! Look at it! You are touching it! And it's letting you!"

Edmund babbled excitedly.

"It's a she"

Said a voice.

Both boys froze once more.

"You like it?"

They turned around to see another boy;
With golden-green robes and shoulder length, black , ruffled hair. He had pale skin.

His eyes, they were pitch black and deep, shimmered with a yearning, with curiosity, with a hint of a spark of something else. So intense were his mysterious, enchanting eyes; they were drawn to them. The boy had an unusual aura to him; one that spoke fun. And adventure. Danger. But they couldn't sense any threat, but felt curious.

"Wh-who are you? "

Edmund said after few minutes of absolute unconscious observation.