After the game, the magical quartet made their way to Hagrid's hut, they hadn't seen him in a while. The truth was they wanted to learn more details about the Sorcerers Stone being kept in Hogwarts.  Harry knocked on Hagrid's door, within seconds, Hagrid appeared clad in an apron and wearing oven mitts. (Y/N) held back his tongue, trying not to laugh at the gamekeeper's new attire. Hagrid, however, didn't look too happy being interrupted which was very strange, he usually freely welcomed the quartet for some tea and rock cakes. "Oh, hello. Sorry, don't wish to be rude, but I'm in no fit state to entertain today." Hagrid nervously said as he continuously looked around for any other individuals straying towards his residence. He then attempted to close the door but, Hermione assertively placed her foot in the way, stopping Hagrid from closing the door. he looked really nervous, (Y/N) could tell, he was sweating bullets and began to flush a scarlet red. "We know about the Philosopher's Stone!" Hermione assertively said with her bossy tone. Hagrid's face fell in defeat. "Oh..." He mumbled. The four Gryffindors pushed their way into Hagrid's small cozy hut. There wasn't much room, as such Hermione was squished next (Y/N), she was quite nervous sitting next to (Y/N). She didn't want to make a bad impression. Harry spoke up as they all found their seats. "We think Snape's trying to steal it." Harry exclaimed. "Snape?" Hagrid scoffed at Harry's ludicrous idea. "Blimey, Harry, you're not still on about him, are you?" "Hagrid, we know he's after the Stone." Hermione added.  "We just don't know why." "Snape is one of the teachers protecting the Stone! He's not about to steal it!" Hagrid exclaimed. The magical quartet's jaws dropped, their faces riddled with shock at Hagrid's statement. "What?" Ron blurted. Hagrid then sat up and ushered the four students to the door. "You heard. Right. Come on, now, I'm a bit preoccupied today." Hagrid said. 

(Y/N) stopped, thinking about what Hagrid just said. " Wait a minute. One of the teachers?" he queried. Hermione sat up from the stuffed chair, almost knocking over (Y/N) in the process. "Of course! There are other things defending the Stone, aren't there? Spells, enchantments." she exclaimed as if it was common knowledge. "That's righ." Hagrid said with confidence. "Waste of bloody time, if you ask me." "Ain't no one gonna get past Fluffy. Hehe, not a soul knows how. Except for me and Dumbledore." Hagrid's face quickly twisted into anger. I shouldn't have told you that. I shouldn't have told you that." Hagrid muttered to himself, not at all happy. The group's attention was then brought to the cauldron on the fireplace as it began to rattle and overflow. Hagrid quickly rushed over and grabs something from the cauldron and puts it on the table, the four students gather around, curious as ever. 

(Y/N) got a closer look at the thing as he peered over Hermione's shoulder, he knew exactly what it was. He had seen many of them before. All on his Dad's study room at the old family Pheonix manor, all old and reassembled of course. He had never seen a live one, they were illegal after all. (Y/N) shook his head in shame, this could get hagrid in some serious trouble, maybe even fired from his job. Hermione spoke up, "Uh, Hagrid, what exactly is that?" she asked, ever so curious to learn about something she didn't have a clue about. Hagrid fumbled around, his eyes averting the four students. "That? It's a ... its um..." Hagrid stuttered. "Hagrid." (Y/N) spoke up as he stared at it, the dragon egg. "I don't know how you got one, but I'm afraid you need to get rid of it right now." he said with a serious tone, something his three friends didn't hear often. 

"You know what it is?" Harry asked. "It's a dragon egg." The whole crowd gasped as they stood back in fear. "Where did you get it, Hagrid?" said Ron, crouching over the fire to get a closer look at the egg."It must've cost you a fortune."  "Won it." Hagrid said with pride. "Las' night. I was down in the village havin' a few drinks an' got into a game o' cards with a stranger. Think he was quite glad ter get rid of it, ter be honest."  "But what are you going to do with it when it's hatched?" said Hermione. "Well, I've bin doin' some readin'," said Hagrid, pulling a large book from under his pillow, (Y/N) recognised it. It was written by a Pheonix ancestor."Got this outta the library —Dragon Breeding for Pleasure and Profit By Alexander Pheonix — Must've been by your family ancestor (Y/N). It's a bit outta date, o'course, but it's all in here. Keep the egg in the fire, 'cause their mothers breathe on I em, see, an'when it hatches, feed it on a bucket o' brandy mixed with chicken blood every half hour. An' see here — how ter recognize diff'rent eggs — what I got there's a Norwegian Ridgeback. They're rare, them." He looked very pleased with himself, but Hermione didn't. "Hagrid, you live in a wooden house," she said. (Y/N) chuckled at Hermione's dangerous statement. Hagrid wasn't listening. He was humming merrily as he stoked the fire. So now they had something else to worry about: what might happen to Hagrid if anyone found out he was hiding an illegal dragon in his hut. 

________________________________________________________________________________

It had been a couple of days since the quartet found out about Hagrid's secret pet. The teaches had begun giving them plenty of homework for their upcoming exams. They piled so much homework on them that the Easter holidays weren't nearly as much fun as the Christmas ones. It was hard to relax with Hermione next reciting the twelve uses of dragons blood or practising wand movements for charms, (Y/N) had to destress her whenever she studied too hard. Moaning and yawning, Harry and Ron spent most of their free time in the library with her, trying to get through all their extra work. "Wonder what it's like to have a peaceful life," Ron sighed, as evening after evening they struggled through all the extra homework they were getting. Hermione had now started making

study schedules for all three of the boys, she made sure that (Y/N) would supervise Harry and Ron studying. It was driving them nuts. Then, one breakfast time, Hedwig brought Harry another note from Hagrid. He had written only two words: It's hatching. Ron wanted to skip Herbology and go straight down to the hut. Hermione wouldn't hear of it. "Hermione, how many times in our lives are we going to see a dragon hatching?" "We've got lessons, we'll get into trouble, and that's nothing to what Hagrid's going to be in when someone finds out what he's doi—" "-Shut up!" (Y/N) whispered. Malfoy was only a few feet away and he had stopped dead to listen. How much had he heard? (Y/N) didn't like the look on Malfoy's face at all. Ron and Hermione argued all the way to Herbology and in the end, Hermione agreed to run down to Hagrid's with the other three during morning break.

 When the bell sounded from the castle at the end of their lesson, the four of them dropped their trowels at once and hurried through the grounds to the edge of the forest. Hagrid greeted them, looking flushed and excited. "It's nearly out." He ushered them inside. The egg was lying on the table. There were deep cracks in it. Something was moving inside; a funny clicking noise was coming from it. They all drew their chairs up to the table and watched, still catching their breath from running. Then there was a scraping noise and the egg split open. The baby dragon flopped onto the table. It wasn't exactly pretty; (Y/N) thought it looked like a crumpled, black umbrella. Its spiny wings were huge compared to its skinny jet body, it had a long snout with wide nostrils, stubs of horns and bulging, orange eyes. It sneezed. A couple of sparks flew out of its snout.

"Isn't he beautiful?" Hagrid squealed with joy. "Oh. Bless him, look. He knows his mummy. Hehe. Hallo, Norbert." The baby dragon squeaked as it looked at Hagrid. "Norbert?" Harry asked. "Yeah, well, he's got to have a name, doesn't he?" Hagrid said with an obvious tone. Ron chuckled as I bit my tongue, I didn't want to make fun of him. 

"Don't you, Norbert?" Hagrid cooed as he scratched Norbert's chin. Norbert backed away, hiccuped and blew a fireball of fire into Hagrid's beard. "Ohh! Oooh, ooh, ooh, well...he'll have to be trained up a bit, of course." Hagrid then turned his attention, he peered out his window in fear, "Who was that?" He mumbled. "It was Malfoy." Harry spoke up,  he had been looking through the window as well. "Oh no." Hermione groaned as she face pamled. Her reaction was absolutely justified, if Draco saw the baby dragon, we were all in for it. 

A/N

Hey guys, thanks again for the upvotes and comments, had a light day of work yesterday, thought I would treat you guys to an extra update. Hope you enjoy it!

- Sam.F