Part 4 - The Breaking Point

Next day,

Rudra and Rohan are having their breakfast in their house with their grandmother Kalyani. Nandini served them food. Tej comes there and looks at Rudra. Rudra didn't mind him.

Tej - "Oh, hello!"

Rudra didn't respond. Rohan and Nandini frowns and signed him to respond. Rudra looks at Tej.

Tej - "Honorable king can return home whenever he wants and goes whenever he wants. Am I running a chapel here?"

Rudra - "No, you're running a hostel here where you're the warden."

Nandini - "Mind your words, Rudra."

Tej - "Let him speak whatever he want, Nandini. You're the one who spoilt him with your immense love... No... It is actually me who gave everything he demanded. Now, he is roaming with his bike and wastes his father's money in the name of some illegal race participation shamelessly. You are just tainting my reputation by indulging in such useless races..."

Rudra - "I am not wasting your money, baba. Bike racing is also a profession. I am racing in official competition, but in a local level. That doesn't mean, I am doing anything illegal or some useless works. You're the one who says that work is worship."

Tej - "Don't twist what I said. Is riding a huge bike rashly like a eccentric fool a profession? Fool! Who will be responsible if you sustain any injury? You are having so many arrears and instead of clearing all this, you're wasting your time and money. Money doesn't grow in trees."

Rudra turns his face.

Kalyani - "Tej..."

Tej - "Mom, don't stop me now.... Rudra, when did you clear all your arrears and pass the exam? Everyone is asking me if my second son is employed. What could I say? Useless man!"

Rudra stood up from the table without having breakfast and goes. Guneet and Rohan tries to stop him while he doesn't heed to anyone.

Rudra murmurs at the sink washing his hands, "Everything is under one man control. No one has any freedom to do what they want. Always work work work..."

Tej scoffs, "Did you say anything?"

Rudra replies, "How could I say if my mouth is plastered?"

Tej gets exasperated while Rudra gets out of the house with his bike. He is shocked to see Romi looking at him at the gate of his house. 

Rudra opens the gate and welcomes Romi nervously.

Rudra - "Sweetheart, you're here. I am surprised."

Romi slaps Rudra and tears fell over her eyes. Rohan, Nandini and Tej come outside.

Rudra - "Romi..."

Romi - "Don't say anything, you loser."

Rohan - "Romi, what happened? Do you both know each other?"

Romi didn't reply to Rohan and she leaves the house. Rudra runs behind her in order to pacify her. Rohan and others are standing confused.

Tej - "At which problem did this boy land at? He makes me shameful daily. Now, he messed up with your friend."

Rohan - "Dad, please don't worry. I'll handle them."

Rohan sends Tej inside and comes outside. He walked some distance and finds Rudra holding Romi's hands and trying to pacify her.

Rohan comes to them and listens to their conversation.

Rudra - "I am sorry, Romi. Though my way is wrong, my intention is never wrong. Please try to understand me."