Chapter 1: First Day

"So starting tomorrow to all the way to homecoming we are going to learn two choreographies." He announces. A girl raises her hand and the teacher points at her.

"Are both these dances suppose to be for homecoming?" she asks.

"One will be for the pep rally. The other will be for half time at the football game." he answers. Two choreographies? At the same time? I am gonna be so sore by the end of this.

"You may chat for the rest of the class. I'll start teaching you guys tomorrow. Be prepared." He points and gives each of us a look. "I'll be behind that door in the office." he walks off, disappearing through the door he talked about.

"Ooo this is so exciting." Kayla grins. I smile and shrug.

"Two choreographies seem like a hassle. I'm not use to it yet." I roll my tense shoulders back.

"You'll be fine. Considering you and I did amazing in our auditions." she winks at me.

"Yaaaaas." I do a little wiggle dance. Kayla gives me the weirdest look and we laugh.

"Alanis?" someone calls from behind me. I turn around and see a pretty girl. She's around my age. I feel like I've seen her before.

"Uh, hi?" I give a little wave as she comes up to me.

"Hi! I'm Maddie. We've met before." She grabs my hand and shakes it.

"We have?" I asked in the most confusing voice. She nods vigorously and I try and rack my brain for any thoughts of knowing her.

"Maybe this'll help. I'm the one who tried stealing Felix from you." she says bluntly. My mind immediately remembers the times I've encountered this girl. My mood changes and I clench my fists.

"No don't worry I'm not trying to steal him anymore. I just wanted to apologize for what I did." she pouts. I rolls my eyes and cross my arms. Should I forgive her? I mean she didn't do much, really.

"I have a boyfriend now so you don't have to worry." she smiles. I guess it wouldn't be so bad to forgive her.

"Well I-"

"Maddie." a guy calls causing her to turn around.

"Hey Felix." Felix comes over and looks between Maddie and I.

"Just talking with a new friend here." she shrugs with a smile on her face. "Alanis, this is my boyfriend Felix. Felix, Alanis." my eyes widen and my blood boils. I clench my jaw and give them a big smile.

"We've... already met." Felix stutters.

"Oh wow. I guess I didn't need to introduce you guys." she makes the most mocking dumb look ever.

"Great to know you guys are together." I give them a big smile. "I'm especially happy for you." I refer to Maddie.

"Thanks! We've been going out for a week and a half." My eyes widen and they go directly to Felix.

"Oh really? Funny how he got out of a relationship a few days before." I snarl with the most fake smile I can muster. Felix is just looking at the ground.

"Well it's good he got over it or else we wouldn't be dating." she smirks at me.

I am done acting nice.

"I'm done talking to both of you. I'm going to the bathroom." I drop the act and turn on my heels.

"Kayla I'll be right back." I say.

"Do you want me to come with you?" she asks. I nod my head no and walk out the door. I walk towards the girls bathroom until I hear my name being called.