🗒 ❛ tenth ༉‧₊˚✧

Christmas day was the day that everyone was excited about

Christmas day was the day that everyone was excited about. Haechan, Yun, and Hyun had put out the decorations five days before the day itself. The two teenagers were in charge of the exterior and interior decorations, while Hyun was the one decorating the Christmas tree.

Those days were packed with memories that would last. A lot of complaining, laughter, and teasing happened during those moments. It had been one of the most memorable days of Yun. Her parents wouldn't decorate as much as their neighbors did. Their house was always dull and odd-one-out among the others.

"Merry Christmas!"

The three exclaimed with stars in their eyes that couldn't compare to the ones high up in the sky. The smiles that couldn't be compared to the ones in dental ads that had perfect teeth. The warm fuzzy feeling of being together couldn't compare to the sweet warmth of the fireplace.

"Presents!" Hyun dashed towards the Christmas tree and looked for the present with his name written on it. Grabbing the second-largest present, he stared at it with a smile plastered on his face. "Can I open it now?"

"Go ahead, it's from Yun and me," Haechan smiled at his brother who was filled with excitement. This Christmas was a little brighter with Yun being there to celebrate with them.

Tearing the wrapping paper off of the gift itself, it revealed the item which was a kitchen playset. Smiling widely, he thanked the two for giving him his most wanted gift.

"But I'm not that surprised that cooking runs in your family's veins," Yun mentioned as she stared at the gift and the boy. "I thought he would've wanted a book because he keeps reading."

"I assure you that book must have cooking in it," Haechan chuckled as he saw his little brother all happy. "He wants to be a chef after all."

"How about you, Haechan? What do you want to be in the future?" Yun questioned, curiosity taking over her thoughts. She never knew much besides that he was good at cooking, studying, and socializing. She wanted to take advantage of the situation in order to know more about him. "For me, I want to become an interior designer."

"Me? Hmm..." he pondered for a while, taking his sweet time. He then faced Yun with a confident smile. "Your husband and soulmate."

Flabbergasted, her cheeks and ears responded first before her mouth as they were bright red in seconds. Haechan chuckled after seeing her all flustered. He wanted all of this to continue, even after December.

"Open yours," pointing at the largest present under the tree, Haechan suggested that Yun should hurry up and open the present he prepared for her. "I put a lot of effort in thinking about what I should get you."

"You didn't spend a lot, right?" Yun's conscience wouldn't be able to handle it if he splurged on a gift for her. She was always conscious whenever people would give her pricey gifts because she wasn't used to it. After all, she believed that her gifts were always mediocre.