Reception

After photos it was time to go to the reception at the hotel. All the guests had arrived first and were all seated in their allocated seats at their tables.

Alec was the Master of Ceremonies for the reception and XY was the DJ. XY had put on the song 'Are You Gonna Be My Girl?' by Jet.

Alec announced the bridal party as they came into the hall.

'Good evening, ladies and gentlemen! I'm Alec, your MC for this evening! Please stand for the entry of the bridal party!'

Everyone stood up.

'First up please welcome Manon the flower girl escorted my Max and Markov, the ringbearers!

Next, we have bridesmaid Alix escorted by groomsman Kim!

Followed by bridesmaid Mylène escorted by groomsman Nathaniel!

Next, we have bridesmaid Juleka escorted by groomsman Marc!

Followed by bridesmaid Rose escorted by groomsman Adrien!

Next, we have bridesmaid Alya escorted by groomsman Nino!

And our Maid of Honour Marinette escorted by Best Man Ivan!

And now, ladies and gentlemen, please put your hands together for the newly wedded couple, Mr and Mrs, Luka and Zoe Couffaine!!!'

The hall erupted with clapping and cheering as Luka and Zoe entered the hall and went to the bridal party table.

The dinner was delicious, Andre had spared no expense. Both Zoe and Luka felt extremely blessed by everyone's generosity. But the best was still to come.

Then it was time for speeches.

Marinette went first:

'When Zoe asked me to be her Maid of Honour, I couldn't be more honoured to be her friend.' She smiled at Zoe, who already had tears in her eyes.

'When I first met her at my parents' bakery 15 months ago, I never could have imagined how much our friendship would grow. She is such a smart, talented and caring young lady' Zoe blushed at her compliments.

'And to be marrying Luka, one of the kindest, most sincere and selfless people I have ever had the pleasure to call my friend.'

Luka smiled warmly at her.

'You both suit each other so well and I wish you many happy years together. To Zoe and Luka!' She said as she raised her glass. 'To Zoe and Luka!' everyone toasted back.

Jagged Stone was next.

'When my son told me he was getting married to the love of his life, I couldn't have thought more rock and roll of him.' Jagged began. 'I regret not being there to watch him grow up, but I am glad that I can be there for him now as he starts a new family of his own. I'm proud of you son. Zoe is a wonderful girl. I'd like to present both of you with a gift if I may.'

He walked up to Luka and handed him an envelope which he opened.

Luka gasped. 'Oh my gosh...' he said.

'What is it?' Zoe said.

'Dad paid off the mortgage on your chateau!' he said shocked. 'What?' Zoe was shocked as well. 'Mr Stone, we couldn't accept that, it's too much!'

'Call me Dad, Zoe. And for the father I've been in the past, this is the least I can do.'

He gave both of them a hug.

'Thank you so much dad' Luka replied.

'Thank you' Zoe replied with tears in her eyes.

'To Luka and Zoe!' Jagged called out.