The Truth Comes To Light / Engagement

Marinette said, 'Well there's no trophy per se but I think congratulations are in order for all of the acts today!'

Everyone cheered and gave a big round of applause.

'And as a reward for everyone and all their hard work rehearsing and preparing over the last two weeks, we are all going to go out for dinner at Ellsworth Restaurant!'

Everyone cheered.

Zoe gasped. That was the restaurant she worked at. She began to sob.

'Zoe...' Luka said softly as he held her. 'What's wrong?'

Everyone looked concerned as she sobbed into Luka's chest.

'Whatever it is, you can tell me anything' Luka said gently. 'I'll always understand, remember? I'm here for you.'

Zoe went over and took her phone out of her bag and opened the message from Chloe two weeks ago. 'It's because of this' Zoe said between sobs.

Luka took her phone and quietly read Chloe's message out to the others. Everyone looked deeply saddened.

Luka hugged her. 'Oh, Zoe. Why didn't you say anything?'

'I didn't want to worry anyone' Zoe replied. 'I love it here and I don't ever want to go back to that horrible boarding school. I thought if I can get a job at Ellsworth restaurant and save some money before my 18th birthday, I can afford to rent out my own place to live in so they can't force me to go back. And I can be with you forever.'

'Oh Zoe, is that why you had to hurry off after rehearsals sometimes and made yourself exhausted some days?' Luka asked.

'And had me cover for you that day pretending you were babysitting with me?' Marinette added.

Zoe nodded sadly.

'How were you planning on handling a job when school goes back next week?' Luka asked.

'I was worrying about that.' Zoe replied. 'I'm so sorry Luka, I'm so sorry everyone. I should have come clean and told you about Chloe's message from the beginning.'

'It's okay Zoe, we can help you now!' Alya said.

'Yeah!' Mylène added.

'We're all here for you!' Alix said.

'Absolutely!' Rose said.

'Friends forever!' Marinette added.

'I'm always here for you no matter what' Luka smiled.

'Yeah!' everyone else cried out in agreement.

Zoe was touched.

'You guys are the best friends anyone could ever have!' she exclaimed as she cried happy tears and really felt free, like the weight that was on her shoulders was finally cut free.

'Do you enjoy your job at the restaurant?' Rose asked her.

'I do, I started off waiting tables but in a few short days because I would help them improve the food when customers weren't happy with the taste, they promoted me to a chef position because they liked my initiative' Zoe replied.

'I can vouch for her cooking, Mom, Juleka and I have been enjoying her culinary delights for the past two weeks!' Luka smiled.

'Aye, that we have laddie!' Arnaka added.

'So delish...' Juleka added softly.

'If you enjoy your job that much Zoe, why not just leave school and focus on your job full time?' Alya asked her.