PREFACE

Dear Nev and Kamie,

My name is Alyssa Johnson, but all my life I've gone by AJ. I'm 24 years old, and I'm a dietitian living in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I've always been pretty big on social media from my college sorority days, but I've been on Instagram the longest and built it up to almost 16 thousand followers now. Every time I post a photo I get a ton of likes and comments, some of them negative, so most of the time I don't respond or even go as far as turning off my comments completely. About two years ago I noticed a cute guy, with the verified symbol, by the name of Andrei Svechnikov commenting. He's a 22-year-old professional hockey player for the Carolina Hurricanes. I gave him my handles and we started texting, we clicked right away. We text, we talk on the phone occasionally, and communicate almost every day, like basically 24/7. He's always busy with hockey and it's always his excuse to never have time to video chat, always saying his wifi connection is bad in the hotel he's staying at or his phone battery is low, sometimes he even tries to tell me he's at practice when I know he probably isn't. I trust Andrei, I really do. I want to go back to school to further my education and or eventually move to be with him and I need to know if my relationship is worth continuing or if I should completely move on from my Instagram All-Star.