ten

I decided to take the first step the next night.

Sapnap was playing GTA on the television in the living room, so I saw my opportunity.

"Hey.", I greet him as I plop onto the couch next to him.

"Clay's in his office.", Sapnap tells me without even tearing his eyes away from the screen.

"I know.", I murmur as I pull my legs up onto the couch under me.

He raises an eyebrow at my reply before immediately wiping the look off of his face.

It's not often that just the two of us hang out.

Normally I'm only passing a message on or trying to find my elusive boyfriend as compared to actually seeking Sapnap out to spend time with him.

"Want to play?", Sapnap pauses his game, saving his progress of whatever he had been doing.

I nod, taking the controller he hands me.

"Have you ever played?", Sapnap's head turns to look at me.

I shake my head, watching the loading screen on the television as the game saves.

He tries to explain all of the controls to me, but I barely catch the one that moves my character, let alone the ones to pull out a weapon and everything else.

His eyes fix on the screen in front of us as I try to play the game.

"Wait, okay. Try pressing that and that.", Sapnap motions to a couple of the buttons on the controller in my hands.

I follow his instructions, my character stealing a luxury car.

"The owner is coming! Hurry!", Sapnap's voice raises as an NPC nears the car.

"How do I drive? How do I drive?", I laugh, pressing a few buttons as I try to remember how to make the car move.

"GO! GO! He's gonna kill you!", Sapnap screeches.

The screen turns red as my character is beat to death by the man whose car I had tried to steal.

"No!", I sigh, a grin on my face as Sapnap shakes his head at the sight.

"I can't believe you stole a car and then got pulled out of it and beat to death.", he laughs as my character respawns in the middle of the city.

"It's not my fault that my teacher isn't very good.", I tease, looking at him out of the corner of my eye.

He scoffs, a grin accenting his face.

"Fine. How am I supposed to be better then?", he asks like it's a challenge, like I won't have an idea for him.

But let's be real, I've been thinking about this for some time now.

Before he can protest, I push myself off of the couch and plop onto his lap, leaning against his chest.

"Okay, what should I do first?", I ask him, purposely keeping my eyes trained on the screen.

I can almost feel the heat radiating from how hard he's blushing.

"Are you sure you should-"

I turn around the slightest bit.

"Are you going to help me? I can go find Clay if you want."

I don't want to push him too far or make him uncomfortable in the slightest, but if Clay and I are right about this, he's trying to hide how much he's legitimately enjoying this.

Sapnap clears his throat before shaking his head.

"N-no, no. I can, uh, help.", he affirms as I turn my attention back to the screen.