Chapter 13

*Charlie P.O.V.*

A couple weeks passed, Chase and I buddied everywhere and several attempts were made at the 'L' word. Soon it was the last month of school and I had prepared a song for the school talent show. When it came time for my turn I walked up and I froze at the sight of the crowd. I guess Chase noticed and he was quickly on the stage with me. "You got this," he said grabbing the guitar. I kept my eyes on him as I sang and when I finished my partial song I went to walk off the stage, but I stopped when Chase began to sing. I turned around and came back to the mic and began to sing with him. Adam soon joined in on the drums and when we finished singing the entire audience was quiet before erupting into cheers.

"Told you, you're amazing," Chase said putting the guitar down. "And I thought you said you couldn't sing," I said. He embraced me in a hug before we walked off the stage. "Well well well," Marcus said meeting us backstage. "What do you want Marcus," Chase asked pulling me behind him. I watched Marcus as he moved a hand behind his back. "You know exactly what I want," Marcus said. "Enlighten me," Chase said. "Show us your hands," I said. "Why do you want to see my hands," Marcus asked. "Did I stutter? Remove your hands from behind your back, NOW," I said sternly. He reluctantly showed his hands revealing some kind of device. "You're smarter than you look," Marcus said. "And you should try taking some lessons," I said grabbing it and handing it to Chase. "It's a chip jammer. You were going to jam my chip just to capture me," Chase said. "What can I say? My boss misses his kids," he said.

"And the winner of this year's talent show is Charlotte Davidson, joined by Chase Davenport," the principal announced. "We are not done here," Chase said before taking my hand and leading us to the stage to accept the award. "Good job you two," the principal said handing me the trophy and check. As the clapping died down we walked backstage to find that Marcus was gone. "Hey congrats, you guys," Bree said running back. "Hey you okay," Leo asked. "Yeah just ran into Marcus before they announced the winner," Chase said. "But he's gone now," Adam asked. "It seems so," I said. Later they walked me home and I was relaxing in my backyard when I got ambushed. I jumped up and began to fight them off until I was hit in the head. I fell to the ground and saw Marcus's smirking face before everything went black.

A Few Months later
In another town
*Chase P.O.V.*

"It's been months and we still haven't found her," I said slightly irritated. "Stay calm. I have a feeling we will find her soon," Mr. Davenport said. I just looked at him annoyed. "Tell you what, to get our minds refreshed why don't we go out for dinner tonight. I know of this really nice restaurant a couple towns over," he said. "No thanks I'm going to watch the computer in case we get a hit," I said. "Let me rephrase. We are all going to dinner. No exceptions. I have everything on my watch so if we get a hit we will know," Mr. Davenport said.

We got dressed up slightly nice all six of us and took his jet to the restaurant. We walked in and it had a stage for a live performance. We took our seats and that when I heard a familiar laugh. I looked over and saw her. "Umm. Mr. Davenport," I said. "Yes Chase," he asked. "I found her," I said pointing towards the table where she was sitting with Marcus. "What is she doing laughing with Marcus," Bree said. "No idea," I said standing. I walked over to them and smiled at Charlie. "Hey Charlie," I said. "Hi? I'm sorry, do I know you," she said. "It's me Chase," I said. "I'm sorry. Babe do you know him some how," she asked Marcus. "We've been looking for you for months now. And since when do you call him babe," I said slightly in shock. "Look. I don't know you or what you want, but you are starting to weird me out," she said. "You heard my girlfriend. Shoo," Marcus said.

I walked back to the table and they looked at me expectantly. "She doesn't remember me. And she's dating Marcus," I said in shock. "What," they all exclaimed. "They must have wiped her memory," Mr. Davenport said. "We have to help her," Leo said. "Bree when they leave put this tracker on Marcus. I should just stick right on," Mr. Davenport said handing her a dime sized tracker. We saw them get up and he wrapped his arm around Charlie. Bree zoomed and attached the tracker to him before rejoining us just before he smirked over his shoulder at us. "I hate that guy," Leo said. "Me too," I said. "And tracking him now," Mr. Davenport said as he walked out the door. We quickly ate before going back to the jet. "I didn't bring your suits so you'll just have to conduct a rescue mission in your dinner clothes," Mr. Davenport said. He took us to where the tracked stopped and Adam, Bree, and I snuck in and found a lab of sorts. I went to to computer and quickly hacked it finding a file with Charlie's name. "They took her memories and put them in a file. Idiots," I said as I began to download the file. "What's this? Brian Scrambler," Adam said. "It's a Brain Scrambler. We can use it to restore Charlie's memories," I said. I used my super senses to find Charlie. "Ok she is down this hallway," I said leading the way.

We found her room and Bree went in. "Who are you and how did you get in this building," Charlie questioned. "My name is Bree. How I got in is a long story, but we were Bff's and you are dating my brother not Marcus. In fact you hate Marcus," Bree said. "What are you talking about, I don't hate Marcus. I love him," she said. "I know it's hard to believe, but you've been brainwashed to believe that. You actually love my brother. Come with me and we will restore your memories," Bree said. "I'm not sure what it is but I trust you," Charlie said following her out.