Chapter 7

*Chase P.O.V.*

    We were out on our mission and it was almost completed. "Tasha informed me to tell you that there is a surprise for the kids upstairs," Eddie's loud voice said over our coms. "Cool. I'm going to go look," Leo said. "No Leo. It's for all of you," Mr. Davenport said. "Oh! I hope it's a puppy," Adam said. "I don't think it's a puppy Adam," I said. "And why not Mr. Smarty-pants," Adam asked. "Because it's Tasha," I said. "Let's just finish this mission," Bree said. We finished the mission and went home. Before we went upstairs we changed clothes.

    When we got upstairs, Tasha was standing at the ready. "Mr. Davenport said that you had a surprise for us," Adam said. "I don't see anything out of the ordinary," I observed. "Mom what's going on," Leo said. "The surprise is more of a who than a what," Tasha said. "Ok who is the surprise then," Bree asked. "You can come out now," Tasha said. It was then that someone stood up from behind the couch and we were silent. "Hey guys. I'm back," Charlie said before we all rushed forward to hug her. "Guys. Can't. Breathe," she said. "Sorry," we said letting her go. "Look at you girl. So beautiful," Bree said. "So I wasn't before," she asked. "Yes you were, I just meant I forgot how beautiful you are," Bree said. "I'm just messing with you Bree," she said with a laugh. I love her laugh. "So how was your trip," Leo asked. "Well. I learned Karate, ran into Jack, found out he is now dating my cousin, and my body finally developed properly without the stress of Sarah," she said.

    "Whoa whoa! Jack as in your ex," Leo asked. "Yeah," she said. "And you are okay with him dating your cousin," Bree asked. "They are a much better match than him and I ever were. Besides, I've moved on," she said glancing at me, or so I thought. "Okay," Leo said suspicious. "Charlie your mom just called. She said you can spend the night if you'd like," Tasha said. "I would love to spend the night," she said with a smile. "Good. I'm going to get dinner started then," Tasha said.

   We all then sat on the couch to chat together. The whole time I couldn't stop glancing at her, she was just so beautiful. At one point she caught me looking and she looked away quickly and I thought I saw a blush creep on her cheeks. "Umm anyway. Enough about me. What has happened here while I was gone," she asked. "Well Leo here got a date with Janelle," I began. "Oh how'd that go," she asked. "I might have accidentally stood her up to save Adam, Bree, and Chase," Leo said. "So in other words, you messed up," she asked. "Yes. I did. I tried to tell her what happened, but she wouldn't believe me," Leo said. "I wonder why," Charlie said sarcastically. "Can you," Leo started. "It's not my relationship to fix, Leo," she said interrupting him. "All I ask is you ask her to give me another chance," Leo tried. She just looked at him with an eyebrow raised. "Please," he begged. "Fine I'll talk to her Monday at school," she said giving in. "Dinner is ready," Tasha said. After dinner we headed for the entertainment room. Hey Charlie can I talk to you for a minute," Leo said. "Yeah sure. You guys go ahead we'll be there in a minute," Charlie said.

*Charlie P.O.V.*

   "What's up," I asked. "One second," Leo said holding a finger in my face. "Okay. What's going on? I thought you said you don't like Chase. So why do I keep seeing you look at him like I do Janelle," Leo asked. "While I was away I realized something," I said. "Which is," he asked. "I really do like Chase. Everytime he speaks, looks at me, or is really close to me, I get butterflies," I admitted. "I knew it. I have to tell him," Leo said turning around. Before he could take off I grabbed his arm. "No Leo. I have to tell him. It's time that I start speaking my mind," I said. "Might want to be careful. I know how you are and that mouth of yours might get you in trouble," Leo said. "Haha. Very funny. Come on they are waiting on us," I said taking his hand.

   We made it to the entertainment room, and man was it huge. "This is a theater not an entertainment room," I said standing in the doorway. "Come on we've already picked out a movie," Chase said with a laugh. I had to keep from melting on the spot. "What movie," I asked. "My Girl," Bree said. "And you've seen this movie before," I asked. "No. Silly that's why we picked it," Adam said. "I'm going to get tissues," I said walking back out of the room before returning again. "Why did you get tissues," Bree asked. "Because she's going to need them," Leo said. "And so will you guys, especially Adam," I said sitting between Chase and Bree.

    I handed out tissues as it got closer to the sad part. "What are these for," Adam asked. "Three. Two. One," I said before pointing at the screen where Thomas J was being stung by all the bees. "But he's allergic to bees," Chase yelled. "Exactly why I got the tissues," I said wiping tears. "And it gets worse," Leo said teasing me. "Shut up Leo," I said glaring at him on the other side of Bree. My vision was starting to blur from my tears and I felt an arm wrap around my waist. I looked over to see Chase grinning. "Comfortable are we," I whispered. "Sorry," he whispered starting to move his arm. I grabbed his hand and he looked at me. I just snuggled into him and laid my head on his shoulder. "After the movie I need to talk to you," he whispered in my ear. "Me too," I whispered back.