"That, my dear apprentice, is Witches Wool. A fabric that rebels powerful spells, every witch worth their salt has a cloak made of this stuff." Eda said as she walked to the wool, taking some in her hand to show Luz.

"Damn. If it's as powerful as you say, I'd kill for one." Luz said in awe of the fabric as Eda dropped it back in the cauldron. "Think I can get one after you make yours?"

"If there's enough, sure. With the Emperor's goons banging on our doorstep, we could use all the protection we can get." Eda said, looking out the window. "They've been attacking more frequently lately."

"Yeah, it's almost like a crazy ass obsession with you. It's creepy." Luz said with a shiver.

"Obsession is right, kid. He wants all wild magic under control with his coven system." Eda said as she grew determined, looking to Luz. "My capture has been ordered for years because I refused to fall in line."

"And he's not gonna stop until he catches you?" Luz said with a bit of worry.

Powerful as Eda was, she was still human...elf? Whatever species she is outside of being called a witch!

"Oh don't look so worried, little puncher. I've become a master escape artist from my years in the run and the only thing that could slow me down is my curse but that hasn't flared up for weeks!" Eda said, throwing her arms in the air.

Black feathers suddenly popped out of Eda's arms, armpits, and hair as she suddenly lost her smile.

"Oh fucking karma." She said before she began changing into the owl beast.

"Oh damn, KING!" Luz shouted, taking a step back!

"Eh? What's going on-" He said, poking his head in, a nightcap on his head before he noticed Eda! "AAH!"

"Elixir! Now!" Luz shouted, pressing the power glyph to boost her strength!

"RAAAH!" Eda roared as she rushed at Luz, causing her to grab her by the feather and stand her ground!

If it wasn't for the power glyph, Luz would be thrown into the kitchen by now!

"I don't want to hurt you, Eda, but you're giving me no choice!" Luz said, pushing back with every step!

The owl beast pushed forward, fighting Luz's force as she growled at the human! They remained in this stalemate until King came running down with an a bottle of curse fighting elixir in hand!

"Luz, I got it!" He said, holding it up!

"Throw it!" Luz said, pushing Eda's chin up and holding her hand out to King! "Now!"

With a grunt, King threw the potion to Luz and watched as she caught it before forcing it down Eda's mouth!

"Time to wake up, Eda!" Luz said, pushing Eda away.