Chapter 21: Telling Them (Hyunjin POV)

Start from the beginning

Look who's talking.

"But hey...at least you cannot be an annoyance to anyone else outside this basement," he stated coldly. This made me wonder why he found me so annoying that he would kidnap me in the first place.

For the record, I still had a hazy memory of my past. Whatever he did to knock me out a long time ago...was pretty effective. But now it is time to switch up my strategy.

"If I am that annoying," I challenged solemnly, "you must know who I really am. Probably you would have seen my name if anything..."

"Of course I know who you are you brat!" he sneered. "It's been all over the news."

Good that got him triggered.

"Then tell me," I pleaded. "What's my name? You can at least grant me that wish if you won't tell me yours..."

It was true...I didn't know my own captor's name.

He refused to budge, but I could see uncertainty in his eyes. He was quivering at the sound of the clock...something shifted in his demeanour. Did I finally have him in my control...? After all those years?

Perhaps not in control of myself, I whispered, "Tell me...아빠"

(Flashback End)

"So Hyunjin, what did you think of the teaser?"

It was Gowon who nudged me. I guess the members realised I was unusually quiet even for an AI persona.

"Captivating?" I offered my thoughts. "I think it will motivate us when we go and film for our MV and reality show."

"역시 애응," Jinsoul laughed. "Straight to the point."

While I smiled in agreement, I couldn't shake off the memory of my captivity away again. That day was a significant one...but for what I felt were the wrong reasons.

During my daze, I made eye contact with Heejin, and then our outing with Soojin and Monday replayed in my mind. That day was fun...for the most part. However, Monday's words still bugged me...

You will overcome whatever or whoever hurt you. And even if I, Min Min, cannot find my sister, Jin Jin, I'm glad to call you my unnie too.

The promise I made to her together with Heejin. We will find Jin Jin.

Although...if that glimpse of the past from when I met Monday for the first time was real...and I really felt like I was-

No, it cannot be. It simply cannot be pure coincidence. My memories of my past aren't clear anyway.

Anyway, between Heejin and I, we decided to keep my act of heroism a secret from the members for now. Yet, even I knew the whole story will be shared at some point...

...including the one about my captivity, which even Heejin does not know about yet.

The members and I now adjourned to our practice room as we had to discuss logistics and procedures for our MV filming in two days. The agency already booked a set and location for photoshoots for our album as well. Obviously, making schedules for 11 members is as hard as it sounds.

To make things easier, the managers were briefing us in our units and yyxy chose to go first. I sat together with my 1/3 subunit; albeit with Yeojin in Haseul's place since she was still on hiatus.

Second-guessing my troubled thoughts, Heejin tried to converse with me, saying, "Hyun...is there something you want to share with us at least?"

Yes there is...