ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪꜰᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ

Start from the beginning

"Meliodas," I breathe as I crash into him, our hug bone-crushing.

"Hello, sweet (Y/n)," Elizabeth greets with a giggle when I hug her next.

"It may not have been for you but it has been a long time since we last saw you," I tell them when I sit back on the same rock but I flinch when Zeldris lets out a distressed yell.

"Why the hell are you here?" he demands as he brings out his sword and points it at his older brother.

"Take it easy," Meliodas says as he rolls his eyes. "Where I go is my business. Looks like you guys came back from Purgatory but how long were you two exactly there for?"

"Zel, put away your sword," I huff. "At least in Purgatory, we were there for five years but if we were to talk about the time here, we came back about six months ago."

Zeldris refuses to put away his sword and only gets more agitated when Meliodas comments, "I thought you were headed back to the Demon realm to be the Demon King?"

"That's none of your business so don't ask," Zeldris snaps.

Growling, I use my shadows to whack him across the back of his head and say, "Enough of that. I don't know what has gotten into you but you need to get your act together."

Hurt flashes across Zeldris's jade eyes before he grits out, "Meliodas, what brings you here out in the middle of nowhere to a place like this?"

I snort at this lame attempt but say nothing as my best friend explains how Elizabeth and he are on their honeymoon before they head back to the Kingdom of Liones to become the new King and Queen.

"Good on you," I tell him and grin when he appreciatively smiles at me.

While the two brothers bicker among themselves, Elizabeth comments, "It seems you and Zeldris managed to share your new powers."

"Yeah, we did," I say with a happy sigh as we watch our silly lovers interact.

"That's great, sweet (Y/n)," Elizabeth says cheerfully and grabs my hand. "And how was your time in Purgatory?"

"That was definitely not our honeymoon if that is what you're thinking," I quickly say and blush when she laughs. "Come on, Beth. You know that I would never consider such an idea."

"I know," she says behind her hand. "I bet Zeldris will take you to a much better place for your honeymoon."

"Maybe," I murmur before shyly twirling a strand of my hair. "But never mind the honeymoon. I'm not sure if Zeldris even wants a wedding to be honest."

"Hey, we can have a wedding if you want!" Zeldris yells as he whips his head around in our direction.

"Looks like we both have a wedding to plan then," Meliodas murmurs, grinning. "I guess we brothers have to deal with the same things, huh?"

"I don't consider you my brother," Zeldris snarls, turning around. "I've had enough. (Y/n), we're leaving."

Just as I am about to scold him, Meliodas, Zeldris, and I freeze when we feel a spark of magic suddenly appear in the atmosphere.

Meliodas quickly says, "I'm sensing a small magic—No wait. This is..."

"It's about to perish," Zeldris interrupts and the two of them suddenly make a dash into the dense woods.

"What's going on?" Elizabeth asks as we both start to run after them.

"There is a Demon somewhere around here," I tell her once we catch sight of the boys. "Oi, you two, warn us next time before you decide to leave us behind. Woah, is he dead?"