𝖊𝖑𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

THESE PAST two years have been absolute bliss for me and Peter

THESE PAST two years have been absolute bliss for me and Peter. Relationship-wise, anyway.

But I guess you wouldn't be surprised that we're having some more problems as of recently. He's back on his secretive trope yet again. He's almost seventeen and he's still hiding things from me. I know all about the Spiderman and superhero stuff, so I can't think about anything else he could possibly hide.

"Hey." Ja'eda says, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Hey, girl."

"Wait, did you get butterfly locs?" She asks, admiring my hair.

"I did." I say, beaming at the positive attention. "These took damn near 6 hours."

"They're worth it though, trust me." She chuckles when the both of us start walking towards the basketball court.

I see Peter on our way there and I turn to him to greet him but instead of even waving, he's glued to his phone and picks up his pace when he sees me.

This is the shit I'm talking about.

It's been this way since the beginning of the month and it all started out of nowhere.

"Okay, what's his problem?" Ja'eda asks, tying her silk press up into a ponytail.

"Hell if I know." I scoff. "I'm not going to chase him for answers, though. When he's ready to come talk to me, he can."

We enter the gym to see Anvi duking it out with Von. The two of them have become really close since last summer, thanks to their shared love of basketball. I love it that we're all basketball obsessed weirdos, though. Well, all of us except for MJ. I'm trying to get her on the bandwagon but she'd rather read her depressing ass books than at least attempt to shoot some hoops with us.

I see her on the bleachers, reading 'Of Human Bondage' and I decide to go over and disturb her.

"'Sup?" I say, sitting next to her and she put her head on my shoulder.

"Nothing much." She mumbles. "Is that MoMA trip mandatory?" MJ asks randomly.

"I'm pretty sure it is, yeah." I answer, plying with the bracelet on her wrist. "Why do you ask?"

"I was planning on going to a protest that day." She groans.

"You can go to one later, my little activist."

"Shut up." She chuckles.

"18-18." I hear Anvi taunting Von down on the court, dribbling the ball in her hands.

"Yeah, and I'm gonna embarrass your ass by winning." Von expertly takes the ball from her hands and dribbles it down to the other side of the court, doing an amazing dunk by jumping up to the hoop and holding onto it, dropping the ball through. "Whoo! 20-18 baby!"