The elevator doors opened with a ding which gave her the cue to step out, find what exactly Renjun was doing.

A subtle background song was being played, easing her tense muscles down by a bit. She opened the huge doors to the rooftop, now that she saw it; looked more like an enormous balcony instead.

What the girl didn't expect, although, was Renjun standing right in front of it — waiting for her to follow him. "Hi?" She cleared her throat, caught red-handed.

He flashed her a smile, turning on his heel to walk to the end of the balcony, leaning on the railing.

His outfit coincidentally matched hers, a beige suit under which he wore a turtleneck. Whereas she just wore a simple formal dress that was pleasing to the eyes, of course matching the shade of his outfit.

"You look beautiful." He complimented, watching her join him at the edge of the balcony. She smiled at him, sighing softly. "You look hot, not gonna lie." She bluntly stated.

He snickered at her confidence, leaning back. Yenmi closed her eyes, letting the comfortable silence rest over them as she cleared out all the thoughts in her mind except, of course, him.

Her eyebrows furrowed when she no longer felt his presence beside her, resulting in her opening her eyes to look for him. "Boo." Renjun mouthed when she locked eyes with him.

He was kneeling on the ground, holding out a blue velvet box that contained two rings; which she presumed to be couple rings.

Huang scoffed at his cheesy idea, nevertheless going with it. "Before you complain about how unoriginal this is, let me at least complete this- whatever you call it." She let out a giggle at him.

"It's been- months since we first actually encountered each other. Not gonna lie, I definitely did want to ruin the shit out of you back then, Mei.

But I didn't, I didn't because you didn't do anything wrong, to begin with. I could see it in your eyes, you didn't have any bad intentions. What I didn't see was the strength behind those beautiful eyes of yours, not physical, but you are so strong mentally, and I admire you for that."

He got up on his feet, too tired of being all extra. "I know, I've been a coward like you've said many times. Shit, I was yet in the denial stage before like- a week ago." He held her hands, the velvet box long hidden in his pocket again.

"If, if I ever hurt you again, please do punch me. Because sometimes this jerk can be very dumb and dense." Yenmi laughed, nodding.

"I can't give you the world, although you deserve it, but I promise to give you my world. I just want to take care of you in any way I can. Li Yenmi you mean so much to me, so, so much. I- I think I prefer you more than waking up late. So, doll, will you do the honours of being my girlfriend?" He ended, a heavy sigh escaping his lips.

The girl smiled, cupping his cheek with her hand as she nodded slowly. "Of course, I will be the smartass to this dumbass." She joked.

He couldn't help but laugh at her statement, his heart thumping against his ribcage faster than it ever had. He bought both his hands to her face, closing the gap between them.

She smiled into the kiss, and so did he, happy to be with each other. She rested her arm on his shoulder as he took her breath away, quite literally.

They moulded into each other, this time nothing but pure love sparking between them. She was the one to break the kiss first, leaning her head on his shoulder. "I love you." She said, not expecting a response.

His arms enclosed around her torso, hugging her as if she would disappear if he didn't. Renjun let his eyes close, finally in the arms of his lover.

"I love you too."

Flustered, she looked away from him, looking down at the numerous people already staring at the newly formed couple. They all grinned, some even cooing at the site. They raised their glasses, no words escaping their lips that would ruin the lovely moment.

Renjun and Yenmi stared at each other with utmost love and adoration. Renjun pressed his lips against her forehead, the smile never leaving his face. "To us."

"To us." She repeated.

On the night of the lunar eclipse was this couple formed, the couple who were not even destined to be. And for once, he didn't regret, didn't look back for now he was with the one he truly wanted, someone who would never hurt him. Would be there for him and with him, always.

Li Yenmi.

The end

I can't believe this book is already at its end like- jdjdjhf
I tell you I actually cried while writing this chapter 😭. This book was a rollercoaster of emotions, I've never actually been so attached to a book before. I know it felt rushed in the end but that was because I was sick of keep y'all waiting.

I hope this chapter did live up to your expectations, and if it didn't, I'm sorry.

Please stay safe, take care of yourself and remember to hydrate yourself. See you all @ mirai.
Eclipse, signing off.

Dedicated to: Huang Renjun.
qianoia 2021