Chapter 61 - The Great Brooklyn Bunk Debate of 1899

Start from the beginning

Cloth chuckles.

Race looked very proud of his past self.

Spot laughs out loud. "Alright, that one is good. It's clever." He states. "I like that." He nods in approval.

Race blushes.

Albert smirks at his best friend.

Race rolls his eyes.

Later in the day

"Food." Albert pushes it towards Race. "Eat. Now. In mouth." He takes a piece of the bread and puts it in his mouth to demonstrate. "Nom. Nom."

Race blinks. "Who are you trying to feed? A five-year-old?" He questions. "I'm fully aware of how to eat, I just don't want to." He reminds his best friend.

Said redhead groans. "But you need to eat it or else I'll cry." He looks up at Race and pouts.

Race narrows his eyes at him. "You're not gonna c-" he starts.

Tears fill Albert's multicolored eyes.

Race's eyes widen. "What?! Albie-" he starts.

"The only way to make me stop crying is to eat food." Albert whispers, looking Race in the eyes.

Race looks at the food. He curses life, before picking up a piece of bread and placing it in his mouth.

Albert stops crying. "Thank you." He grins at Race.

Race rolls his eyes. "You're annoying." He grumbles, taking another piece of bread.

"And you're no longer hungry." Albert smiles, proud of himself.

"Isn't that slightly manipulative?" Cloth questions from where he sat next to Race.

Race shakes his head.

Albert looks at Cloth. "Crying because I'm scared of losing my best friend if he doesn't eat and so that he will eat and stay healthy and alive and not go hungry and die of starvation?" He asks. He looks over at Race. "I'm a horrible brother." Albert tells him.

Cloth rolls his eyes. "I was just asking." He mutters.

"This is the first time he's cried- which I don't know how he cried cause he can never cry-" Race looks over at Albert in slight worry.

Albert chuckles weakly, running his hand through his hair as he leans back in his seat. "It's been a rough week." He says. "I needed to cry."

Race pats his shoulder, looking back over at Cloth. "But they try anything- other than yelling or hurting me- to get me to eat." He informs him.

Cloth nods.

Albert laughs at a memory that popped into his head. "We had Romeo and JoJo pretend to be pieces of bread and Henry and Ike be illness and hunger and have Romeo and JoJo defeat them in a fight for a performance to get Race and Lucky to eat." He informs them.

Race laughs. "I remember that." He responds. "We were so creative; Sparks and Sparrow must've thought we were ridiculous." He states.

Albert looks at Cloth. "This was back before Race left, I believe Race was around ten or eleven." He informs him.

Cloth nods.

"Would it help you if we did that?" Spot asks Race with a chuckle.

Amused, Race shakes his head. "Nah, I'm no longer ten." He chuckles.

"Are you sure?" Spot asks. "I'm sure DD would love to be a piece of bread and Shot could take his boyfriend's roll as an illness or hunger or whatever." He states.

Albert laughs loudly. "I need to see that." He states.

Cloth, who looked a little more relaxed than usual, laughs with him. "I agree. I need that in my life." He says.

Race rolls his eyes, though he was still smiling.

Spot chuckles. "Maybe we'll put that on for Manhattan and Brooklyn when stuff is back to normal." He states.

"Please do." Albert responds, him and Cloth starting to laugh harder.

"Can Spot be a piece of bread?" Cloth asks with a smirk.

Spot's eyes widen. "No-" he starts. "My acting skills are not good enough to play such a complicated part as a piece of bread." He tells them.

Albert and Cloth start laughing even harder.

Race laughs loudly. "Come on, Spot." He nudges his arm.

Spot blushes at the sparks he felt when Race touched him.

"I bet you'd have fun." Race tells him.

Spot raises an eyebrow at him. "And ruin my reputation in front of Manhattan and Brooklyn?" He asks. "No thanks." He shakes his head.

Race laughs. "We already all know you're a softie." He tells him.

Spot glares at him. "Am not."

"Are too." Race smirks at him. "Either way, it's fun." He tells him.

Spot sighs. "Fine, but only for you." He tells Race, ruffling his hair.

Race blushes.

Albert and Cloth share a look.

Albert massages the temples of his forehead, slightly exasperated. Can you both please kiss? Please? Now? Please? For the sake of everyone who knows you?

"By the way," Cloth starts. "Where's Albert sleeping tonight?" He asks.

Albert's head shoots up.

Spot and Race share a look.

"Good question..." the brown-haired Brooklyn leader starts. "Cause Race took our last bunk." He states.

Albert smirks. "I have an idea."

1280 Words
You guys might actually like me because of the next chapter lol.