|| 15. The News||

Start from the beginning

Annika came out of his embrace and looked at him seriously.

"I will also come with you. I can't let you go alone there. Please."

"Hey Anni. It's okay. It is just a regular check up. It isn't anything serious. You have a meeting tomorrow which is important.  Don't worry, I will tell you about the reports. Don't take tension. Now sleep and let me also sleep. We both have a very busy day tomorrow."

Saying so, he kissed her forehead and she smiled looking at him. She snuggled more into him and soaked into his warmth.

"Okay Shivaay. But you must tell me about the reports. Dare you try to hide anything from me. I would kill you with my bare hands. Before also, we had hid things from each other and we both know where did it bring us. So promise me that you won't hide it."

Shivaay chuckled and said, "Promise baba"

"No, you do pinky promise"

"Okay Baby, Pinky Promise. Now sleep okay. Good night love."

"Good night"

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, Gauri and Bhavya informed the elders about what transpired yesterday. The elders decided to go to Rishikesh for the well being of the family. That would also ensure that the youngsters give time amongst themselves. And moreover Annika, Gauri and Bhavya were there for Shivaay, Om and Rudra. They left soon after and now the house was only left to the Obros and Obahus.
Meanwhile, in Shivika's room, Annika had surprisingly got up before Shivaay and freshened up while he was still sleeping. She asked a servant to bring their breakfast in the room and when it came, she went to wake Shivaay up.

"Shivaay, wake up, see breakfast is already here. You also have to go to the doctor na. Come on, get up, it's late"

Shivaay stirred in sleep and slowly squinted his eyes open.

Good morning Sunshine", he wished her and got up.

"Good morning Shivaay. Now come and have breakfast. You will get more late. "

"Okay, unromantic",  complained Shivaay like a kid and joined Annika for breakfast.

After half an hour, both Shivika were ready and Shivaay dropped Annika at her office. Before going he held her hand and stopped her, " About the doctor, I haven't told anyone at home. So you also don't. We will tell them later. Now go, I will call you soon."

He kissed her forehead and said goodbye to her. She smiled and reciprocated the kiss.

"Okay, Mr. Husband. I won't tell but you give me a call. You know I get impatient."

"I will. Bye. Take care. "

"Bye"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Annika received a call from Shivaay hours later. She was already getting impatient and hence straightaway picked up the phone.

"Hello, Shivaay, is everything fine? What did the doctor say? There is nothing to worry about right?"

Shivaay smiled to himself as he heard her going on and on. But when she didn't stop with her questions, he interrupted her.

"Wait, wait. Listen to me now. The reports will come after some days. Till then, the doctor has given some medicines. I will have them properly and on time. Now you can peacefully go back to work and I will also to mine. Don't take too much tension. Otherwise you will need to go to a doctor."

Annika heaved a sigh of relief. She leaned back on her chair and drank some sips of water.

"Shivaay, you are fine na? "

"Yes, I am. Now you also be fine and meet you at home."

"Okay. Bye."

"Bye"

"Shivaay listen.. "

"Yes, Annika bolo"

"I love you"

"Jaanta hu"

"Mean person"

"Okay okay, I love you too"

"Jaanti hu"

"Now who's being mean? "

And they both burst into laughter.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Some days later:

Annika was impatiently pacing around the living room waiting for Shivaay. It was already 12 and he still wasn't home. He had gone to a party. The last call she had received from him was at 6:30 when he had called to tell her that he was going to a business party. And no call and message after that. Moreover, he hadn't replied to any of her calls and messages either. She was getting tensed. But, she had pacified all the other house members that he had informed her of being late and they need not worry. Thus, they all had gone to sleep.
Around 10 minutes later, she heard the front door creak open. What she saw scared her.
Shivaay was drunk and was taking the support of the wall to stand up straight. Khanna was trying to keep him up from one side. She quickly rushed to him and relieved Khanna.
All her anger flew away when she saw him like that. She carefully took him to their room without disturbing the other house members. Once they reached, she asked him worriedly, "What is all this Shivaay? No call, no message. I was getting so scared. And now you are drunk. What is going on?"

Shivaay managed to look at her and held her face tenderly. She noticed that he was trying to say something, "Annika, I want to tell you something."

"Yes Shivaay, tell me", she said as she caressed his face. He smiled at her and managed to get some words out.

"My heart is failing Anni. I don't have much time"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So, here is the next part. This might be one of the last chapters.
Hope you guys like it.
I didn't want this story to be dragged unnecessarily. So I wanted to give this story a legitimate ending.
Keep reading and tell me how is it and what are your thoughts.
Until next time.