|| 15. The News||

Start from the beginning

Om then came forward, held his shoulders and asked Shivaay. His voice was calm unlike Rudra.

"Shivaay, didn't we both talk about all of this the day you booked the tickets. You assured me that you won't let anything wrong happen. Then how come all this happened? We were going to say no to this trip the first time only right? If we would have done that then none of this would have happened"

Shivaay went two steps back and just massaged his temples and finally spoke, "Om, I am tired of explaining it over and over again that I had nothing to do with Sameer's meeting. Honestly, even I wanted to go on this trip. I was also excited and I had cleared out my schedule. It was all unprecedented."

But Rudra still was not ready to listen. He was still in a disappointed mood.

"Enough! I have had enough. I am genuinely not interested in knowing what happened, how it happened. All I know is that, the trip didn't happen and now here we are. I just didn't expect we all would see a day like this. No no more talking about this. In fact, wait, I have a better idea. All three of us should give each other space. We should avoid confronting each other for a few days. I know we have issues but you both are still my brothers. Even though we are angry with each other, none of can deny that we love each other a lot. So I think that we should stop talking for a few days until our anger calms down, especially for me. I don't want to say anything that I might regret later", Rudra said.

Annika, Gauri and Bhavya were silent spectators to all of this until Rudra spoke. All three felt that the brothers only needed to speak among themselves and vent it all out. And now when Rudra spoke all of this, AnRiVya exchanged looks and gave each other a knowing nod. Annika intervened at this point.

"I think we can go with what Rudra has said. He isn't completely wrong. And you three have us. We won't let anyone of you do anything wrong. Me, Gauri and Bhavya also think that this matter needs to be handled maturely and help you guys understand each other's perspective. Now, it's quite late. You three should get some sleep. Good night"

Everyone else nodded their heads at her and went to their rooms.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Once Shivaay and Annika reached their room, Shivaay started removing his watch and tie while Annika went in the bathroom to change. When she came back out, Shivaay went in and got changed. As they lay in bed with Annika in Shivaay's embrace, she looked up at him and asked, "Shivaay, I did nothing wrong na? I mean you weren't offended na?"

He smiled at her and kissed her forehead.

"No, you didn't. Maybe what happened, happened for the best. Everything isn't all good everytime. I do feel very bad for all that took place but maybe it had to be this way. Anyways, I am going to let time take it's course. I have you with me. That is enough. Isn't it?"

She also smiled at him but all throughout when he was talking, she didn't fail to notice that he was gasping for breath more than usual and his voice was tired. Something was off.

"Yes Shivaay, you have me always. So now, tell me what problem are you facing? Why are you gasping for breath and rubbing over your chest. I even saw this while we were having dinner and now again.  What is it Shivaay? Tell me."

Shivaay looked at her with an expression of getting caught but nevertheless answered her.

"Actually Annika,  I was going to tell you but didn't get the time only. Its been paining near my chest since today morning. I took a doctor's appointment for tomorrow. I will pay a visit and let's see what is it."