"Geez, say something!" the boy yelled. "Listen up, I'm going to die soon! My next job will be the death of me! Thing is, I'm a complete weakling, okay? Don't underestimate me! You've got to protect me till I get married, you hear me?" the man exclaimed, tears ran down his face. 

Tanjiro placed his hand on his chest. "My name is Kamado Tanjiro! This is my girlfriend, Kigiku Y/n!" Tanjiro exclaimed. The boy was in a state of shock. "You're his girlfriend?!" the boy shouted at Y/n. "Yes, yes she is!" Tanjiro exclaimed. "Is that right? My apologies! I'm Agatsuma Zenitsu!" Zenitsu shouted, he crawled over to Tanjiro and held him. 

"Please save me, Tanjiro!" Zenitsu begged. "What do you mean, save you?" Tanjiro asked. "What was the reason for picking up the blade, Zenitsu? Why are you acting so blatantly shameless?" Tanjiro asked, grabbing on Zenitsu's shoulders. "Tanjiro!" Y/n scolded. "I got swindled y some woman and racked up all this debt! The old geezer who took it over for me was a cultivator! I went through hellish training day after day! It was so bad that I thought I was better off dead! I was hoping I'd die in the Final Selection, but since I was unfortunate enough to survive I'm still going through hell every single day!" Zenitsu shouted, grabbing his head.  Then he did a back pose. Tanjiro and Y/n stared with dotted eyes. 

"I'm so scared! Scared! Scared! Beyond scared!" He cried

"I'm so scared! Scared! Scared! Beyond scared!" He cried. Then, he grabbed his face. "I just know that I'm gonna be gobbled up by a demon or something sooner or later!" Zenitsu shouted. 

"My brains are gonna get sucked out through my ears while I'm still alive! No, please no!" Zenitsu yelled. "Please save me!" 

Tanjiro and Y/n kneeled down, placing a hand on Zenitsu's back. "What's the matter?" Y/n asked. "Are you okay?" Tanjiro asked. Zenitsu shouted. His cute sparrow chirped towards Akiro who was glaring at it while standing on Tanjiro's crow's head. The crow cawed at the sparrow while Akiro chirped angrily, the fact that this sparrow had the audacity to steal his owner's attention is astronomically disrespectful in Akiro's opinion. 

The mountains stood high as the clouds traveled, the grass was swaying with the wind as the trees were standing their ground. Y/n was walking in between Zenitsu and Tanjiro, holding both of their hands. The three walked through the fields. "How are you doing?" Y/n asked Zenitsu. "Yeah," Zenitsu said. "Now that I've calmed down, I'm getting hungry," Zenitsu said, squeezing Y/n's hand a bit. 

Y/n squeezed his hand back and smiled softly at him. "Don't you have any food on you?" Tanjiro asked Zenitsu. "Nope," Zenitsu sniffed. Tanjiro looked at Zenitsu and Y/n before he let go of Y/n's hand, making her turn her attention to him. He then placed a hand inside his haori and searched for the onigiri. 

He opened the brown package and gave it to Zenitsu. "Here, take this," Tanjiro offered, giving him the onigiri. "Would you like this?" Tanjiro asked Zenitsu. Y/n looked at Tanjiro with surprise before she looked down, smiling at her boyfriend's kindness. "Ah, thank you," Zenitsu said, as he used his free hand to grab the onigiri and he bit it. Tanjiro and Y/n looked up at each other and shared small smiles. Zenitsu then turned to Y/n and Tanjiro. "You're not eating, Tanjiro, Y/n?" Zenitsu asked. 

Tanjiro looked at Zenitsu and gave a small nod. "No. That's all I had," Tanjiro said. "Well, I never really packed any food for missions, I think it'd just get squashed," Y/n said, feeling a bit hungry looking at the onigiri. Zenitsu then separated the onigiri into 3 parts, letting go of Y/n's hands yet again. 

"Here." 

Zenitsu gave a piece to Tanjiro and another piece to Y/n. "Take half," Zenitsu said at them both. "You sure? Thanks!" Tanjiro exclaimed as he grabbed the piece. Y/n looked at Zenitsu's hand, looking at the onigiri then Zenitsu repeatedly. "You can have it, I'm not hungry," Y/n smiled. Zenitsu then blinked. Tanjiro felt a bit disappointed. They walked for a while. "Y/n." 

Y/n looked up at Tanjiro and opened her mouth to say something but Tanjiro shoved his piece of the onigiri in her mouth, not too rough, not too gently. Y/n blinked. "Eat, I don't want you to starve!" Tanjiro said. Y/n then closed her mouth and started chewing on the piece. Zenitsu then gave her piece to Tanjiro. Y/n then gulped before her lips turned into a smile. "Thank you Zenitsu-san, Tanjiro-san," Y/n nodded with a small blush appearing on her cheeks. 

"You're welcome," they both said in the same time, the three of them ate while walking through the crops, looking up ahead. 

[notes] :

- today, i'm officially moving houses and so, for those who messaged me on discord, apologies for i'm going to be busy packing and moving in, but i'm sure gonna post 2 chapters today as a celebration of 14k readers! i also have a really hectic art project that i had to do, so apologies again if i'm going to be inactive in discord a bit! thank you so much for 14k reads, i love you all!