xi. tubbo; radioactive

— consumed by his newest and biggest project yet, something unexpected gets in the way of things that sets him back immensely

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

     HE wasn't doing this for himself. Tubbo had said. He was doing this for them — his family, the people he loves the most in the world. For if he could perfect these nukes then he'd always have leverage over other nations if it ever came time for war.

Leaving was the hardest part of all of this. Tubbo could take the disapproving looks from Ranboo, but from his children were something else entirely. No matter how much he explained to them the only thing they'd come to understand was that their father was leaving them.

When he'd tried to comfort them he'd only made things worse in the end. Ranboo having had enough of seeing him make things worse with his choice forced him out of the house.

And despite walls keeping him from his family, he could still distinctively make out their sobs that tore through the night like a blade. Piercing into Tubbo's heart and slicing it into smaller pieces until he was on the ground, clutching onto his chest, and letting out wails of his own.

But he had to keep going. He's gone too far to stop now. And keep going he did, as for the next few years following that very night he's become close enough that he's almost finished—

Then an unexpected probability came about and ruined everything. Setting all his progress back to the beginning and counting the years he's spent creating the perfect and almost stable mixture to the ground pointless; burning, melting, and mutating the floor into something unrecognizable.

That in of itself didn't bother Tubbo all that much. He could always replace the flooring, maybe even count the effects that occurred down into his journal to further expand his research.

No, that was hardly even close to the real problem. The real problem made itself apparent when it screamed out in pain.

Tubbo had been initially stunned into silence, not yet able to process what he's just seen, who he's staring at until the skin on his child's arm began to melt off like overheated butter. The smell permeated through the room after a few seconds — undiluted lime.

Tubbo had stumbled over himself but was quick to regain his footing as he jumped into action.

"Y/n?" He said, hands frantically grabbing at his child's face and trying to get them to focus their attention on him solely. "Y/n look at me, baby. I'm here, just breathe with me alright?"