Chapter 28: Two Five's

Start from the beginning

He pulls away and rested his head on mine, "what was that for?"

"To get you to shut the hell up," I said.

"I think I need one more kiss then," he winks.

I smiled and rolled my eyes, "of course you do."

"I thought you enjoyed my kisses," he said.

"I do," I said.

He leans down and softly placed his lips on mine for a couple seconds before pulling away. He took my hand and we continued walking.

Luther stops and waits for us to catch up.

"He looks nervous," I said.

"Yup," Five nodded.

"Hey, brother, sister. How are you guys doing?" Luther asked when we caught up to him.
"What are you hiding?" I asked.

He laughs, "what am I hiding? I'm not hiding anything."

"He's gonna kill me isn't he?" Five asked.

"Wait, what?" I asked.

Luther scoffed and laughs, "what? What? Him? He's gonna kill you." He continues laughing, "yeah right. That's ridiculous!"

"Oh my God. He is!" I said.

Five squeezed my hand, "you know, you're a terrible liar, Luther. You're a worse liar than you are a spotter."

"Okay, whose fault is that?" Luther asked, "what good is a spotter if you won't even listen to him?"

"You haven't really said anything to him. You snuck off with Old Five and talked to him," I said.

He glared at me.

"So, you admit you're conspiring against me?" Five asked him.

"Do... do you admit that you're suffering from paradox psychosis?" Luther asked.

"All I'm suffering from is bracing clarity about you and your murderous intentions," Five said as he itched is chest.

"Look, it's not like he's gonna 'kill you' kill you," Luther said, "he just wants to kill a, um... version of you."

I smacked my head with my free hand as Luther walked ahead of us.

"But I am that version of me!" Five stated before running after him.

"Hey, I don't love it, either, but he's actually got a pretty good plan," Luther says.

"Killing the love of my life is not a 'pretty good plan', Luther!" I yelled.

Five smiled at me and squeezed my hand.

"What? The plan where you guys off me and then jump to 2019 to save the world?" Five asked him.

"Yeah, wait, how did you know that?" Luther asked.

"Because they're the same person, dumbass!" I yelled.

"And because that is exactly what I would do if I we're trying to kill me!" Five yelled.

"Okay, all I know is we've got one Five too many and you're the one acting like a maniac," Luther said.

Five stops walking and glared at him ahead, "Maniac?"

Uh oh.

He walks up to Luther and get's into his face, "Luther, you have seen nothing. If you want a maniac, I will show you maniac!"

I put my hand on his shoulder, "Five, calm down."

He backs off and looks at me for a second before starting to walk again.

"Okay, as your spotter," Luther said as he caught up with us.

"One of his spotters," I corrected him.

He rolled his eyes, "whatever. I think the best I can do for you right now is put you out if your misery."

I turned to yell at him, but Five beat me to it. He let go of my hand and grabbed Luthers arms to pull him to his level, "okay, Luther listen. I know your feeble mind only responds to age and authority, so listen very closely," he lets Luther go and pokes his chest, "Yet again you are experiencing daddy issues, this time with your own brother, which is honestly making me a bit crazy."

I chuckled to myself.

"But remember this: I'm fourteen days older than him. I have seniority here. So, it is me you should be listening to Luther. I'm the daddy here!" Five yells.

I cover my mouth to keep myself from laughing too loud.

Some people glance over at us.

"How's it going?" Luther asks them as he forced a laugh.

Five itches the back of his neck.

Luther bends down to Five's level, "Five, please. You're being unseemly, look at you."

"I admit there's a possibility that I may not be in my fully... right mind right now," Five admits.

"Okay, good," Luther nods.

"But whatever I got, he's got it too," Five points at Old Five.

"What?" Luther asks.

"You three quit grab-assing. We're here," old Five says as he sets his case down.