29

𝑭𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝑴𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒉𝒔 𝑳𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓

"Matthias student of the University of Puerto Rico is found alive after sudden injury to the head. How'd he survive? He's one lucky guy I tell you"

"Sarai you have to take a look at this" Kayla hands me her phone. Her hands were shaking in fear as she was handing me her phone. I read the article on her phone. No way. "It can't be possible. I watched him die slowly". Kayla started to breathe heavenly. "Hey, it's ok. You are safe here with your best friend, Mariano, and his family". I'm glad that his family was starting to accept me as they heard the news when I so-called "Killed Matthias", but now that I think about it I don't think they'll be happy when they hear about this.

"Where's Sarai?" My boyfriend walks into our bedroom with an expressed look on his face. "I'll leave you guys alone" Kayla gets up from the bed and walks out of the bedroom. "If you're here to tell me the news. Don't. I already know". I couldn't believe it at all. "Hey don't be upset you at least did your part". He embraces me. His hugs always made me feel better.

"What the hell am I going to do about him now. I can't just take him out again". I let go of the hug and jumped onto the bed. "We have to make up a different plan? I'm sure it's going to work this time". "We? don't you mean "I"  have to come up with one" I tilt my head to the side in confusion. "Well, yes, but I'm just going to help you with some things" he laid his head down right next to me. "Like what". Taking his hand, he kisses me. "We'll just have to work on it later love". He walks out of my room. Leaving me alone in silence.

"So you guys ok?" Kayla walks in and knocks on my door. I nod my head yes. "Yeah. We just had a small conversation" I said silently. "Didn't seem like it". "I'm just worried about what Mariano's family will think of me, I also don't know what to do with the Montoya's". Kayla stares at me confused. I know what I said. "So then what do we call you" She laughed. "Just Sarai. No last name. Just Sarai". I don't want to be called a Montoya. It's for my own good and for Heaven. 

"Sarai!" I knew exactly who it was. I get up and I make my way down to the main entrance of the house, It was Mariano's uncle. I see him talking to his nephew while I was making my way down the stairs. "Sir" I blurt out. "We need to have a chat" He seemed serious. I nod my head then the two of us make our way outside. He closes the front door. I just stand there waiting for him to say something. "Whatever you're thinking you need to stop. I need you to meet me at this location at 12 AM tomorrow. You hear me. 12 AM. and don't be late" He hands me a small folded piece of paper. He makes his way out of the house, I watch him leave.  I open the note as I was walking back into the house. 

Sarai,

We just heard the news about your family. Don't worry we're still proud of you for making progress. Anyways, pack your bags now. We're leaving right when you get here, also make sure to bring as much as you can, we have some training to do.

Sincerely, 

C.Castano

"Did you know about this?" I asked Mariano. He shakes his head yes. "When were you planning on telling me? How long did you know about the note" I felt myself shake in fear. "My love I think we should go back outside". "I don't want you to keep secrets from me" I understand he's trying to protect me, I was a little surprised. "Fine" He sighs. "I found the news about your brother last night. I knew I had to keep you somewhere safe and train for a bit while the others and I get ready to make a plan". "And where's Kayla going to stay. She can't go back there". "I'll be staying with my dads down in Cancun. We'll be alright" I heard her say. "What about you. When will I see you again". I can't do this alone. "I'll see you possibly once you're ready. I have things to do". I can't believe this is happening. "Why aren't you coming with me? I need you" I felt myself quivering. I can't stay away from him again. "Don't worry darling. I'll be safe and so will you. That's all that matters". 

"I- I'm going to go pack"  My eyes began to fill up with water. I don't want to leave just yet. "I need to see her before I leave" I whispered. I quickly packed my bags. I finished about two hours later. It was already pitch black outside once I was done. 

When it was time for bed I had to make sure Mariano would fall asleep before me so I could leave. I had to wait about an hour maybe an hour and a half for him to be sound asleep. I checked the time and it was 1:45 in the morning. "I love you" I whispered. I kissed him lightly on his forehead then I made my way out the door. 

As the time passed I finally made my way towards the cemetery where Heaven was buried. I break in and I go straight to her grave. "Hey," I said. I know I sound crazy talking to a tombstone but I still believe she's here. "I miss you. I might be gone for a while so I might take a while to come back, sis". I stayed at the cemetery until opening. I had to leave before people could spot me. 

Hey everyone!! How was everyone's Christmas, well to the ones who celebrate it :) I hope you all have an amazing week