09

"Sarai are you awake? We need to talk"

"Sarai are you awake? We need to talk".Matthias was banging on my door. "What!". I yelled as I was waking up from my peaceful nap. "Can I come in" My brother continued to bang on the door. I quickly get out of bed and opened my door. "What do you want Matthias?". He walks past me and sits on my bed. "I'm sorry about what happened but I got it all covered. I just need you to not go out today". I always go out on the weekends it was either I spend the night at Kayla's or I go out with Heaven for late-night walks. "Just for one night?". "Yes, Sara. Just for one night". I sighed. If Matthias wasn't here we still would've gone out. "Ok. I'll stay here tonight". I go into my bed and cover myself with the blankets. "Thank you". He leaves my room. So much for waking me up early just to say that.

I stayed in bed for a couple more minutes. When I was ready to get up I walked to my sister's room and I see her on her phone. "Sarai, Matthias woke you up too?". She was just getting out of bed too. "Yeah".

The whole day I was just at home doing nothing but going on my phone or listening to music. It's now sunset and my parents and Matthias aren't home. Well, they haven't been home almost all day except for Heaven and I. I felt my phone vibrate. I take my phone out to read the notification.

"From Mar 🇲🇽"

Mar 🇲🇽

Hey

Sarai🦋

Hey

Mar 🇲🇽

Want to hang out?

Sarai🦋

I can't go out 🥲

Mar 🇲🇽

Don't worry I'll just go to your house.

Sarai🦋

I'll sneak out. Where do you want to meet up?

Mar 🇲🇽

Are you scared your parents will catch me?

Sarai🦋

No, ok maybe a little.

Mar 🇲🇽

Just meet me at the park by your house.

Sarai🦋

I'll be there soon.

I turn off my phone and I run over to my room. I go put on a hoodie. After I put it on I make my way to the stairs. "Where are you going?". Heaven stops me. "I'm going to the balcony in mom and dad's room". That's one way I could sneak out. "Just be careful alright. I'm closing my door I'm gonna be on a call". "Got it" I walk normally to my parent's room. I opened the doors to the balcony and I make my way down from there. I make my way to the park that was about a block away from my house. Once I get there I sit down on the swings and I go on my phone while I wait for Mar.

"Hey". I heard that familiar voice. I looked up and I saw him standing in front of me. His glowing eyes were locked with my eyes causing me to blush. I quickly turned away before he could notice. "Hey". "So how come you can't go out?"Mariano chuckles. "Well, I was kind of put on lockdown, my brother told me not to go out". "And you did". "I don't have to listen to him all the time". I let out a small laugh. Mariano smiles at me. That smile is amazing. "I have an idea". He turns his head and faces me. "Let's see who can swing the highest". "Let's see then". The two of us swing as fast as we could, just like if we were little kids trying to beat each other in a game. We also kept on pushing each other to make the other one lose. I jumped off of the swing and he continued. It was exciting. "Why'd you get off? Does that mean I win". He gasps. "My swing is still moving". "You weren't on it though". Is he trying to prove a point because clearly it still swung higher than him. "We'll let it slide". "Let's go out to eat".

We walked to a gas station nearby. We approach the front of the gas station. I see my Mom's car at one of the gas tanks. I pull Mariano to a side where they couldn't see us. "Why are we hiding?". "My parents are here. I need to go home before they find out I'm gone, I'm sorry" I was about to run home until Mariano stops me. "Sarai wait!". He yelled silently so that I could only hear him. I turned around and he was standing right in front of me, inches apart our bodies close to each other. He kissed me.

Yes on the lips, not of the cheek, not on the neck, on the fucking lips. I kissed him back I could feel my body explode. His lips were soft and plumpy, it felt like he was trying to suck the soul out of me. We let go at the same time. "Get home safe alright". "You too". I run home right before my parents park in the driveway. I go up to my room and I quickly change before my brother barges into my room.