When you finished you cleaned your dishes and put them away, saying goodbye and leaving to go back upstairs.

You kept to your word and didn't go back to see Loki for the next three days. Those were the three most boring days of your life. The Avengers were always either training or doing their own thing, and no one had free time to take you out of the Compound. Tony refused to let you leave alone, because as far as he knew, you had no powers, or any training. Although the second one was true. So you mostly did the same things you did the first few days they left a week ago, plus a lot of research about soulmate marks, and anyone who got two, but obviously found nothing.

On the fourth morning, when the Avengers were out on another mission in a different city because Nick Fury, the head of shield, wanted them for some secret thing they couldn't tell you. And you weren't interested enough to read their mind. So you took a book for Loki, the one you were reading, and went upstairs to his room, unlocking it and setting the book on the table as you put on cat ears.

You didn't see Loki, so you knocked on the closed door to the bedroom and sat down on the couch with your book.

A few moments later cat-Loki came out and sat on the other side of the couch, his usual spot.

"So, you want to talk yet?" You asked after a few moments of silence.

"What do you want to know?" He asked.

Do you have any bad plans in motion or do you plan to do anymore evil in the future? It was there in the front of your mind, you knew you should ask it. But that wasn't what came out, "Tell me about yourself."

He tilted his head, as if he didn't expect that, but to your surprise, said, "Be a little more specific."

You sat up straighter and said, "Well, let's start with the fact that you're Thor's brother but you have different last names?"

He sighed, "Yes I am adopted. Odin, Thors father," you noticed he specifically didn't call Odin his father too, "took me as a war prize. Only I didn't know until a handful of years ago."

"Wow," you almost whispered, "Who did he take you from?"

Loki hesitated, as if he wasn't sure he should say, but in the end answered, "He took me from Jotunheim and raised me as his own."

You nodded, this was clearly a sensitive topic so you decided to change topics, maybe that would keep him talking, "So you're a god now?"

"In a sense," he visibly relaxed, not having to talk about his previous home anymore, "I became Asgardian when I was taken in, and given the status of being the god of Lies, Mischief, and Chaos."

That honestly made sense with how he acted with attacking New York.

You weren't sure what else to ask about him, instead asked, "Why are you answering me now? After like a week of nothing," hoping he wouldn't shut down.

"Would you rather I didn't answer your questions?" He smirked.

You sighed, "For real Loki."

He looked down, then back at you and said, "I guess because you're the only person here being relatively nice to me, even if it is just to get information because you were told to."

I'm not just here because I was told to, you thought, but we're too embarrassed to say. Even knowing the fact that he was a bad guy, and you know- a cat, he was nice to just be around with. You weren't as comfortable with the rest of the Avengers. Don't get it wrong, you loved hanging out with everyone, but Loki was different, he was more quiet and kinder in the small ways. You started enjoying hanging out with him.