N I N E T E E N

Depuis le début

"May I be excused?" I asked.

Grams looked at my phone and then at me, "Don't forget to show him your new PJs,"

"You are unbelievable," I laughed, kissing her cheek softly and rushing up the stairs.

Clicking accept, I sat on the bed, waiting for the call to connect. Harry appeared in a Christmas jumper, making me smile.

"You look adorable," I said.

He chuckled and shook his head, "I was going for handsome but I'll take it. You look nice,"

Harry and I talked about our days, him explaining how his brother Josh nearly knocked Rosie over testing out the new electric scooter he'd been gifted. I laughed at the anecdote, shaking my head softly.

"Do you have your present?" He asked.

I glanced over at my desk where I had left the gift bag, reaching over for it. "Here, do you have yours?"

He nodded, "There is something else too but it's gonna take a few days to get there,"

"Harry," I sighed, "You didn't have to go overboard,"

"I didn't," He smiled.

He instructed that I opened my gifts first, which made me nervous. I hated opening gifts in front of people, much less the person who had bought them for me. Opening the tape of the bag, I glanced inside to see a long box and an envelope, I smiled at his attempt at gift wrapping.

"Any one in particular first?" I asked, he shook his head.

Reaching for the longer item, I gently tore away the wrapping paper to reveal a deep red jewellery box, the infamous gold writing embossed on the front. I nearly dropped the box, looking straight at Harry in the camera.

"I thought we said nothing major!"

He shrugged innocently and I slowly opened the box to reveal the classic four-leaf clover chain bracelet. My hand came to my mouth, trying to process what I was seeing. "Harry..."

"I overheard you talking to Liv about it," He said.

My brows furrowed for a moment as I thought back, "But that was months ago,"

"I know, but part of me knew we'd get here, somehow, so I made a mental note."

My eyes watered and I laughed at myself quietly, wiping away the tears quickly, "Look, now you've made me cry,"

He grinned, "So, you like it?"

I sniffled, "Of course I do, it's absolutely beautiful. Thank you so much."

Admiring the item for a few moments, Harry prompted me to look inside the envelope. I looked at him nervously, not sure that I could handle any more surprises. Tearing through the envelope slowly, I pulled out a piece of paper, unfolding it and scanning over the writing.

"I um, I don't get it..."

Harry rubbed the back of his neck nervously, "It's a lease. We're coming up to the end of our contract in March and Cal is thinking of moving on. So... it's an apartment, for us, if you'd like that."

My jaw dropped slightly, did I hear that correctly? I mean, it made sense, we already lived together so it would be nothing new, but just the two of us would feel very real. To be honest, I hadn't even contemplated what I would be doing once the lease ended.

"Elle?"

My head snapped up at his voice, "Yeah, sorry. I was just taking it all in," I said.

He smiled softly, "So what do you think?"

I sat for a moment before smiling too, "I think I'd like that."

Harry smiled widely, happy with my answer. My face dropped suddenly, "You've just made my presents look so shit,"

He laughed, shaking his head, "Don't be ridiculous."

I watched as Harry pulled out the large flimsy present and a card. Opening the physical present first, he smiled as his eyes met with a new jumper, a Harper & Lewis quarter zip.

"I actually really like this,"

I smiled at his appreciation, but it wasn't anything compared to his gift to me. He opened the card, reading the writing inside.

"You work so hard and I'm really proud of you, so when your schedule allows, we're going to Salou," He chuckled, "Did you try and make it rhyme?"

I laughed, "Do you know how hard that is?"

He thanked me and we chatted for a while longer before Rosie called for Harry to take the dogs for a walk. I giggled as he rolled his eyes, "Believe it or not but she has two functioning legs,"

"Go and bond with your dogs," I laughed, "I'll see you soon, thank you again."

"See you soon, babe,"

I hung up the phone and smiled, looking at the box again in front of me, I couldn't believe how lucky I was.

"Well aren't you both sweet," I turned around to see Grams leant on the doorway.

"Oh my God, were you eavesdropping?" I laughed, she shrugged.

"He's handsome, what can I say?"