II. Miasma

__________________

To many men... the miasma of peace seems more suffocating than the bracing air of war.

- George Steiner

__________________

"Target has been silenced" Corvette spoke as he put on his Golden Demon mask and walked away from the crime-scene.

"Another job well-done milord" saad ng naka-agapay sa kanya. He just blew out a lungful of air and went inside the limo

"The Queen requests your assistance Lord Corvette" saad ng nagmamaniobra ng sasakyan "She will be having a conference with the round-table this evening"

"Me as Corvette or her shadow?" Corvette asked

"The Knights of the Round Table only knows your existence as the Queen's shadow" sagot nito.

"To the palace then" he replied.

"Yes my lord" sagot nito.

Corvette looked at the streets of London while the sun was rising. His steely gaze flew over to the Tower of London as a distant memory invaded his thoughts. When he left the Philippines, he continued his life in London, well in Buckingham Palace to be exact, at the Queen's side.

The Queen took him in and treated him as her own son, hidden away from the monarchs so he could carry out his mission to silence the Abomination.

The Queen found out that members of the nobility were part of the Union if not, were clients of the Union, experimenting on humans to make them their personal war-machines. The Queen does not approve of the such experiments and sees it as a threat to the crown. She believes that it was his purpose, his moral obligation, to eradicate the abominations created by Altria's mad science.

Corvette being the genius he was studied medicine and trained under Royal Order and the Church, for both supported his mission. They gave everything to support him, and he did everything to gain all the things he can to carry out his mission and his revenge.

Corvette looked at his reflection in the mirror. He was wearing a golden oni mask like that of a samurai to cover his face when he carried out his missions. The Golden Demon mask covering his mouth and nose to conceal his identity. But when he accompanied the queen as her shadow, he wore an all black three piece suit under a while cloak and his face hidden by a golden half-venetian mask. 

It has been his signature look, a horizontal half demon-mask upon carrying out his mission and vertical half venetian mask upon accompanying the Queen. He originally wanted a Hollow mask, like in his favorite anime Bleach, the queen gifted him with the two golden masks.

The golden masks served as a personal warning from the imperial family. Most of the sightings from his purge of the abomination will reflect a man with a golden oni-mask, and if the noble lords trace that man they will see him in a golden venetian mask beside the Queen. Sapat na ang impormasyong iyon upang maintindihan nila na ang mismong Reyna ang nasa likod ng pagtugis sa kanilang mga gawain. His presence beside the queen was but a merciful warning from the Queen, it meant to have them back down of face the wrath of the Imperial Family.