salutations

zayn

WHEN it finally occurred to zayn that no one else had been in the room, he quickly gathers his belongings (including two notebooks, one pencil bag, and a cheap black coffee) and hurries towards the front door, apologizing to the man working at the desk. it was time for the library to close, and zayn had been spending an extra ten minutes inside, obviously annoying the man at the front desk, who he was (surprisingly, though the man is really rude) not sorry for.
heaving out a sigh, he walks out the building, the spring weather warm and dewy touching his exposed skin. all of a sudden, zayn collides with another figure, sending his supplies and whatever he had come upon to falling to the floor. bending down to pick up his items, he notices a hand stick out and help him. looking up, he meets a perfect shade of blue, irises containing colours as if it were shards of glass lost in a deep yet shallow sea of blue. suddenly, a feeling of recognition washes over zayn's mind, his heart beating fast.

"n-niall?"

he takes in all the features of his favourite irishman's face, a small smile creeping onto his face.

"zayn? oh my god, it's so nice to finally seeing you again after, what? five, six months? honestly feels like forever. c'mon, hug me brotha," niall replies enthusiastically.

standing up, zayn watches as niall stretches his arms out for zayn to be enveloped in, a feeling he misses so, so much. walking into niall's arms, zayn feels a sense of nostalgia run through his veins, tears prickling at his eyes, but quickly composes himself as niall pulls back, his bright and sincere smile still sketched on his perfect face, but soon falters. this causes zayn to question what's going on in his mind.

"how've you been? i- i missed you zayn." his word causes butterflies to erupt in zayn's stomach, a sad smile his visible reaction.

"i've missed you too, niall. and i've been doing good. the past couple of months has been good actually. it's almost as if i am a normal twenty-two year old. i've ran into a few fans, but they've never asked for a photo really. they all said they respect my decision and have wished me luck. it's been feeling quite real to me lately. you?"

he wasn't quite sure, but zayn could see a gloss in niall's eyes, as if he were about to cry.

niall clears his throats before he speaks, "i'm glad things are going well for you. and i've been doing great. the fans have been so supportive, i'm just so grateful to have people like them. it gives me hope for any faults that might happen in the future."

"alright, enough of this sappy talk. where were you heading for?"

"just to the park. a little walk around."

smiling, zayn grabs the rest of his stuff from the concrete and reaches for niall's hands, squeezing them with a smile on his incredibly structured face.

"then let's get going."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

original plan for me was to write at least 1,000 words, in which i wrote more than 800, but it didn't seem like it would fit in this chapter, so you'd see it in the next. it enjoyed writing though, i think this is going to be one of my main focuses, or main stories i'll be writing. also, if you don't respect zayn's decision, reevalute your life please and support that little ball of sunshine because he deserves that, he deserves the support as well as the other boys. love them + love zayn for as long as you need to and as long as they need your love and support.

hope you will enjoy this fanfic as much as i do/will.

P.S.
not edited

cowsdontalk
aka
idlearum

okay so i changed the amount of months they havent seen each other to six months, since before it had been three months.