CHAPTER 21

Devonta pov

Anthony just came back, but Laylah and Jalen didn't. I've noticed them getting close lately. Jalen better not try anything, Laylah is like a sister to me. Laylah came back and sat on the couch next to Paris. A few minutes later jalen comes back and sits next to me.

"Where did you go?" I whispered to him.

"I went to talk to Anthony," he responded.

"He came back a while back, what took you two so long?"

"I-." Before he could finish, Anthony called him to finish setting up the jenga. Everyone was talking and fooling around while they finished.

"Hey Devonta, you want dessert," Laylah asked in a good mood.

"Sure what is it?"

"Apple pie with some vanilla ice creeaammmm," Laylah responded, sounding like a little kid. No wonder why she was in such a good mood. She liked food ... a lot.

"No duh." Anthony, Miles, Jalen, and I all responded.

"She didn't ask y'all," I said to them.

"She was eventually," Anthony responded. "Watch it rook," he warned, smirking. This man was evil, he looked innocent and like he was a goofball. But this man made me buy dinner for the team, they eat like pigs.

"I'll come help," Paris offered.

"Nah," Laylah said.

"Yeah, you stay lil Smith. Jalen go and help baby Harris," He told him and Jalen did as he was told. What a guy. The kitchen was behind the wall so I couldn't see the two behind it, but I trust Laylah more than Jalen. She can handle herself well, I saw her with Ceedee. Never let the man do anything to her. Might've hurt her mentally, never physically. To be honest they barely even kissed so you know...

"Devontaaaa, come get your bowl," Laylah called from the kitchen. Jalen was handing Paris her bowl while Matisse was eating on the table. He was a nice boy, he just needed to be in touch with his masculine side a bit more.

"Aight guys ima head out," Miles said.

"Byeeee," Jalen and Laylah both responded.

"Don't be an idiot Jalen," Miles instructed while putting his shoes on.

"Impossible," he responded. Laylah smacked the back of his head. She didn't even struggle to reach she was 5'8 so she just simply raised her hand a bit.

"Damn, I hate that you're abnormally tall for a girl," Jalen whined, rubbing the back of his head.

"And I don't care. You just stupid. Impossible," she mocked him, making her voice sound like him for the last part.

"Y'all would make the perfect couple," Anthony joked.

"What did hee sayyyy," Paris asked, laughing. No but seriously, what did he sayyyyy?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Paris POV

"Paris come here," Laylah called me into the kitchen. All the boys were sitting in the hangout room being idiots obviously. But Jalen was in the kitchen helping Laylah clean up.

"Yes," I responded.

"We have to tell you something," she announced.

"We? Who's we?"

"Me and Laylah," Jalen told me.

"Oh," I responded.

"Now be very quiet but me and Jalen-"

"Are y'all dating," I loudly whispered. They both smiled and looked down.

"Don't tell anyone. Only Matisse can know as of now and Anthony knows." Laylah told me. I nodded my head and grabbed my second serving of apple pie and made my way to Matisse. I wasn't going to tell him yet until everyone left.

I went back to the couch and sat next to Matisse.

"Where is Jalen?" Devonta asked me.

"He's helping Laylah clean." I responded.

Devonta definitely suspected something the way he was just sitting there. I mean they have been getting close for the past few days. I talked to Matisse while eating my pie.

"I have something to tell you after everyone leaves," I whispered to him as Devonta left to use the bathroom. "Don't worry, nothing bad."

"Oh ok," he said, playing Mario kart against Anthony. Laylah and jalen came back. Jalen came and sat next to me, and laylah took matisse's spot. We talked for a few till Anthony and Devonta left. I went to my room and Matisse came as well.

"So what were u gon tell me?" Matisse asked.

"Oh ya, so basically..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~