chapter 14

Laylah POV

"Laylah what happened?" Jalen said, giving me a hug as I broke down crying at the sight of him.

"N-Ni-Nick. H-he, he is a terrible man," I complained.

"Drink some water." Jalen instructed, handing me the cup of water on the kitchen island. I gulped down the water and looked away from Jalen. I felt like a terrible person, if only I had listened to him Nick wouldn't have hurt me so badly. He hurt me worse than Ceedee, and Ceedee would apologize after.

"Laylah can you tell me what happened?"

"Nick took me to The Capital Grille. It started off great just like any other first date we socialized. He told me about himself and then I told him about myself. But when it came to the food I don't remember eating. This is when the story gets bizarre," I explained.

"Well I'm ready to hear it."

"I think Nick put something in my drink. So when I came back into complete consciousness I was sitting in his car laid out on the backseat. I don't know if he did anything to me but the car was parked and he wasn't in it. I was trying to leave but I was tied down so I'm guessing he WAS gonna do something more to me. I was able to get out of the knots, though. The escaping Tiktoks really paid off. But anyways, when I got out I had nothing, my phone was in the restaurant, everything was inside still. My food plate was left untouched and his wasn't even at the table. I grabbed all my stuff and called an Uber and made it home. Afterwards, he texted me saying he was sorry and he needed to get home to his girlfriend." I started crying.

"OH THAT SON OF A-"

"Wait, that's not it. He hurt me physically more than mentally. Him telling me I'm not pretty enough for this society did nothing to me. I know too much to know that I am pretty and am fortunate to look this good. He called me a wh*re for being with Ceedee and you. He said you was a no good as*h*le and that I should never be near you. He said you used r*pe women and have random hookups right after you got drafted."

"Let's just clear the air real quick. I have never done any wrong to a single woman in my life. Even when I was in high school I didn't even cheat. I have never cheated, been disloyal, nor have I touched a woman inappropriately. I have a sister and so do other people. They do not need to feel vengeful because someone couldn't control their damn hormones. Middle school-looking motherf*cker, Tryna tell me what I did wrong in this world," Jalen fumed.

"He gave me burn marks." I blurted out.

"HE WHAT?" Jalen looked at me enraged. "HE DID MORE THAN TOUCHING YOU."

"Shh."

"He frickin burnt you. Show me where," Jalen instructed. I lifted my shirt up a little to show the burns on my stomach. I turned around and showed him the burns on my back, wincing at the contact of the t-shirt on my skin. I turned around crying again as Jalen hugged me. His arms covered my body as I cried on his shoulder. Why did men hate me? Please god, don't have Jalen hurt me. I truly like him, I prayed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Paris POV

"So, I ran into Ben before the game..." Matisse started making sure Tobias was out of the room for good.

"Ya..." I said.

He asked me if I knew why you were ignoring him." he responded.

Before I responded I took my phone out and showed him the messages from ben. I didn't want to hide it from, not that it's a big deal. He read them and said...

"Dude really asked you out, lol im guessing laylah wrote this message?"

"Ya, I was gonna say no either way." I responded.

"Sooo how does it feel dating a nba player." he asked with a smile on his face.

"Well, it hasn't even been 24 hrs yet, but good." I responded with a smile. "You tell me now, how doe1s it feel to date me?"

"Well I have never dated someone in the staff or so close to any of the players. So I'm a bit scared of what they'll say but otherwise I trust you and have no doubts that we will both be loyal to each other. Even if you won't be on the road I'll be minding my business and I'm sure if Tobias and Joel see me doing anything out of line they'll kill me anyways." Matisse expressed.

"But they don't know about us," I said with a confused look.

"Yeah, but Joel already has an idea and Tobias just seems like the dad so if he feels like I am doing anything he might come out and stop me," Matisse explained.

"He is pretty much the dad," I laughed while yawning.

"Take a nap, I know you are tired, we'll wake you up when the doctor comes to check on you."

"Aight, by baby," I said blushing, making him smile.

"Bye pooh bear," Matisse responded, hugging me.

Matisse is perfect, maybe too good for me, I thought. Nahhh, no boy can ever be too good for me. I am too good or too much for them but I think Matisse and I will work out. He is a nice boy and a complete gentleman. His hair is perfect, he just has to get a cut every now and then. I want to make all his dreams come true.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~