Chapter 5

"Dad?!?!" The whole group exclaimed, even Inuoka himself.

The rest of the gym looks confused almost.

"Yeah? What? Were you like expecting for him to live alone all his life?" The girl asked in a humorous tone, her eyebrows furrowed.

There was a mix of responses. Some saying yes, some no, some unsure, and some just shrugging their shoulders. This made the girl giggle.

"Alright, alright. Oh! I almost forgot! My name's Yukiwa. I guess there's no point not telling you my last name as it is quite glaringly obvious. Inuoka Yukiwa. I prefer Yukiwa though, since I share it with 2 other people in the club." She ends with a little laugh.

Wait, hang on.

"Who- Who're the others you share that with?" Inuoka himself asks. Holy crap I have 3 children apparently?

Yukiwa looks at him before smiling sweetly. "I can't tell you."

The group's looks hardened. So they are playing with us.

"Okay?" Inuoka said, unsurely.

"You'll have to guess." Jikiru piped up.

They looked towards them, smiling, grinning, smirking, which sent shivers down the group's spine.

"Well, anyway. Practice is nearly over as class is about to start. Everyone start cooling down." Shiromaru instructed everyone.

The players did as they were told including the 2 captains. Bokuto looked anxiously at the clock. He was tapping his foot on the surface his foot was on. He finally tugged Akaashi who was beside him as most of the group was still processing the information given to them.

"Umm, Akaashi? Can- can you ask them where we're staying while they're in class?"

That seemed to struck a nerve in Akaashi. He quickly poked Katsurou who was just a bench lower than them.

Katsurou looked up at him with one of his eyebrows raised.

"Say, where do we stay while you're in class?"

Katsurou didn't seem to think that through either. His mind was racing as to where they could possibly let them stay. Hell, if they were gonna stay here for quite a while, where will they stay for the meantime? Don't even get him started on clothes and food.

Tatsushiko seemed to notice his inner crisis. So he spoke up.

"I guess you could stay here for the meantime until lunch? Just close the door and make it seem like its lock so no one comes looking in here." He offered.

The group nodded. They really couldn't do anything about it. This felt so unfamiliar to them after all. And these guys are from here, and they're helping them. They'll have to accept everything that's being thrown their way.

"We'll bring you guys food later as well. For now, while you're waiting, the whole gym's yours. Do what you want as long as you don't destroy anything." Shiromaru told them.

Soon the gym became empty and it was only them that were left. Yamamoto closed the gym's doors and they were safely inside. Away from prying eyes if they were ever to go out.

They all sat in silence, not a single one moving a muscle. This was a lot to process.

"Still can't believe Inuoka managed to find himself someone to start a family with." Teshiro mumbled.