Chapter (4): Lord Hua Cheng's new family!

Start from the beginning

A week later, Wei Ying slowly opened his eyes again. He felt tired and exhausted. He looked around with weary eyes and found out that he was in some sort of extravagant room. The ceiling walls and ceilings were colored red. There was beautiful furniture in the room. And there were a lot of candle holders, but it was daytime so none was lighted. And the bed he was lying in had soft cushion and seemed very expensive too. Wei Ying thought he was in a dream.

"A-Ying?"

Just when he was dazed, Wei Ying heard Xie Lian called for him.

"Baba...?"

Xie Lian quickly tended to him. Feeding him some water and letting him lie down. Xie Lian's face was full of relief. Wei Ying still thought he was in a dream.

Wei Ying : "Baba...I'm hungry..."

Xie Lian : "All right. Just wait a minute here. I'll bring back some food."

Saying so, Xie Lian went out to ask Hua Cheng some congee. Wei Ying looked at him go. He felt warm and loved. He felt safe to know that there was someone looking out for him. Wei Ying smiled a bit, thinking this wasn't a bad dream.

Xie Lian came back with a bowl of congee. Hua Cheng was with him too. They both fed Wei Ying carefully. Wei Ying ate the entire bowl of congee. He felt better after eating. He still felt hungry so Hua Cheng had to go grab another bowl. Wei Ying ate all of that too. After finishing the second bowl, Wei Ying thought this was too realistic to be a dream.

Wei Ying looked up. Seeing the two adults caring tenderly for him let him feel a sob come up his throat. But that quickly changed into a wide grin. He was happy. He was genuinely happy to be with people who cared for him.

Xie Lian and Hua Cheng seemed a bit surprised to see a big grin on Wei Ying, who just woke up after being in coma for a week. They both sighed, both relieved to know that Wei Ying was fine. The big grin brought them an ease as well as a warmth of heart. Xie Lian patted Wei Ying's head.

"Baba...who's the other uncle?"

Wei Ying asked looking at Hua Cheng. Hua Cheng was still in his original appearance; he forgot to change it since he's at Paradise Manor and he wanted everyone to be aware of his presence. But Wei Ying didn't know his original appearance.

Hua Cheng looked older, more mature and taller in this appearance. With an eye-patch covering his right eye and the raven black hair falling down, it was hard to pick out the youthful appearance Wei Ying remembered. But they looked similar so Wei Ying didn't feel alarmed.

Hua Cheng : "What? After looking that much, you still don't remember your A-die?"

Wei Ying exclaimed with widened eyes : "A-die?!!"

Hua Cheng : "Yeah, it's me."

Wei Ying wanted to say something but he suddenly remembered the painting in the shrine.

Wei Ying : "A-die and Baba are so alike!"

Hua Cheng lifted an eyebrow and asked, "Really?"

Wei Ying : "Reallyy! You both can change your appearance into completely different ones, but you still recognize each other so easily."

Xie Lian listening from the side felt like his ears were starting to burn up. While Hua Cheng was suppressing his laugher,

Xie Lian : "A-Ying, rest up a bit more. We'll be here whenever you need anything. Rest and get better soon, alright?"

Wei Ying : "All right. Baba!"

Xie Lian : "Good boy."

Xie Lian put Wei Ying into bed. After waking up, there shouldn't be anything more to worry about. Wei Ying would get better as he ate and rest. He'll be fine in no time. The thought brought a smile to Xie Lian's face. After Wei Ying had fallen asleep, he left with Hua Cheng to make more congee to eat when Wei Ying wakes up again.