Chapter (2): Buying a set of clothes at Ghost City

Start from the beginning

Wei Ying seemed to know that shrines are places to worship gods, but he doesn't seem to know what a god is. So Hua Cheng explained to him what a god was.

Hua Cheng : "Your Baba is the Crown Prince of XianLe, an ancient Kingdom. He was extremely talented so he ascended the heaven at a tender age of seventeen. He was kind to all livings. He also helped them in every possible way he could, even if it would hurt him. He has saved me many times too. And..., even after all the hardships he'd faced, he still helps people instead of himself. That's why we need to help and protect Baba as much as we can."

Wei Ying listened attentively to Hua Cheng's lecture. He was still amazed by the fact that the beautiful figure with the sword and the flower was his Baba. He would look at the picture at a point then look back at Hua Cheng, and would repeat this act with an opened mouth.

Wei Ying : "All right! A-Ying will help Baba a lot!"

Hua Cheng : "Great! Now let's continue wiping the floor and cooking dinner."

Wei Ying : "A-die, how did you know that the person in the painting is Baba?"

Hua Cheng : "Of course I know. I painted that."

Wei Ying : "A-die painted it?? Whaa...it's so beautiful. So...A-die have seen Baba like this before?"

Hua Cheng : "...yea. I did. He is the most beautiful person I've ever seen. He is like the sun, shining ever so brightly."

Hua Cheng's eyes became softer as he spoke. Then he slowly began to set out to go fetch some firewood. Wei Ying was still amazed by the beautiful painting.

Wei Ying : "A-die, could you teach me how to paint too? I want to be able to paint a beautiful painting too."

Hua Cheng : "I could teach you how to paint. But I only know how to paint his highness's paintings."

Wei Ying : "Ehh? A-die! Please wait for me! Let's go together!"

In the evening, Xie Lian returned before sunset. He was a bit down because he couldn't find much. If it went on like this, it would take some time before he could buy A-Ying a new set of clothes. Wei Ying was now making do with his outer robe. It was too big for him that he looked like a big cotton ball. Xie Lian wanted Wei Ying to have a proper set of clothing. Xie Lian sighed at that thought.

When he entered the shrine, he saw A-Ying sitting on Hua Cheng's lab. Both of them busying themselves with some papers and paint. This scene brought a smile to Xie Lian's face. When Hua Cheng and Wei Ying noticed that Xie Lian had returned home, they both beamed as they welcomed him home.

Hua Cheng : "Gege, Okaeri" [it could be 'welcome home' here but still 'Okaeri sounds perfect too!]

Wei Ying : "Baba, Okaerii!!"

Xie Lian : "Tadaima [means 'I'm home']. What are you guys doing?"

Hua Cheng : "I was teaching him how to paint a bit. Gege, are you hungry? We made dinner."

Wei Ying : "Omm Omm! A-die and A-Ying made lots of dinner for Baba."

Xie Lian became a bit stiff when Hua Cheng said he prepared dinner for him. But before it was obvious that his face had turned red, Wei Ying saved the day. Thus, looking at the cute cotton ball, Xie Lian laughed and said, "That's awesome! I'm starving. Let's eat."

Wei Ying happily began setting the table, he had already learned how to set the table since yesterday's dinner. Hua Cheng began to heat up the dishes while Xie Lian took a quick bath as he washed up himself.