[3]

As I walk through the farmer's market, I look at the beautiful spread of fruits and cheese. Picking my favorites, I pay with a smile. I didn't know how much I missed the locals treats until you're in a big city with nothing but, rude people, out for each others blood. I fix my sunglasses, going from each booth, looking and buying a couple things. Getting to the end of the booths, I look over to the left seeing the beautiful ocean. In awe, I find a bench under a tree, putting everything down and watching the ocean. I sit on the bench still amazed with beauty of my home town. 

I glance around, when I spot a beautiful family. Mom and dad holding hands, as their little girl in a bright pink helmet skates next to them. The dad worries that she will fall and mom only admires him and his love for their daughter. I bet they are really happy

Once I notice the sun start to fall, I hurry my things to the car, before my fresh items go bad. Rolling the windows down, I drive back to mom's house. With my left hand out the window feeling the wind against me, I unwind slowly. 

*********

Darl and I had a dinner to attend. We had our chef make you the best duck you will ever have. See you soon love-Xoxo Mom

"Duck, yuck"I whisper putting the note down

I walk to the fridge and notice the tin foil wrapped dishes. I poke it open and get goosebumps at the thought of eating it. Rich people food looks nasty. After I put away my non-edible items, I look at my fresh items. Deciding to use the fresh bread and cheese collected, I decide to make myself a classic. Grilled cheese sandwich but, before starting, I glance at the farmers tomatoes and herbs. My stomach growling, I make the heavenly tomato soup and the cheese sandwich. 

*********

Finishing up, I look at my beautiful meal. Grabbing my iced tea, I walk each of my items to the counter, before sitting down. I know there's a fancy dinning room to eat in but, I see nothing wrong with eating on the island. Licking my lips, I bite my sandwich and moan in love. 

"Fuck this is amazing, not that dumb duck shit" I whisper to myself

"Duck shit, doesn't seem appetizing"

Jumping in my seat, I glance up and notice Jeremy in the doorframe "Oh my gosh, I didn't know you where h-here"

"You said my chefs food was shit?"He questions with one eyebrow raised

Blushing hard with embarrassment "I-I mean-I didn't try it but-"

"Oh so you just assumed it tasted like shit before trying it"

I shift in my seat not knowing what else to say. Though my stomach did, growling, my eyes shift to my amazing meal that was getting cold. Cold food is disgusting. 

"I'm sure he is the best chef, or else your father wouldn't have hired him"I roll my eyes gaining confidence "But, I don't eat duck. My food is getting cold so if you don't mind"

"RIght"He pauses "Does it taste better? Than the duck?"He questions ignoring my comment about his father as he walks in the kitchen

"I-"

"What a silly question to ask, that moan give it away"He states walking to the fridge ignoring my presents

My mouth falls open in shock and I know my cheeks are now red instead of pink. I take a sip of my iced tea, hoping it would cool me down. Doing just that, I quietly go back to eating my food. Glancing often, I "watch" Jeremy warm up the duck following the orders of the chef. The smell makes me want to vomit but, I don't let it stop me from my meal. I am almost done, when I notice Jeremy about to taste his dinner. Seeing him look annoyed at his dinner, he looks over at me. I quickly look away but, I know I was caught.

"What are you eating?"He asks firmly

I look at him fast "Um, I made a grilled cheese and tomato soup with ingredients from the market"

He just looks away, confused I finish eating. As I walk my items to the sink, I notice he isn't eating. Instead he's looking at the stove where my soup pan remains.

He wants some, rich guys can never ask for anything. Always demand

"Taste good?"I ask not looking at him as I rinse my dishes

I feel his eyes on me but, shortly they look away

I rinse my hands and turn around facing him "Taste like shit doesn't it?"

He smiles a tiny bit before covering it up with a blank face "Hard to enjoy such divine duck when all I can smell is that soup"

I look over and chuckle "It does smell great, tastes even better"

He looks at me but, doesn't say anything

"You know, I get why they say not to cook on an empty stomach. You make too much"I chuckle acting dumb "I still have soup and a sandwich left...oh well"

I walk to the doorframe that Jeremy once stood at "I'll clean up in a little bit"

I walk out of sight when I hear dishes moving

The duck did taste like shit 

******

I flip through channels on the tv allowing time to pass. Finding nothing, I turn the tv off and sit up in bed. Placing my hands in my lap, I decide enough time has pass from Mr.Rich boy to finish eating. Just as my feet hit the ground, there's a knock on the door.

"Coming!"

Reaching the door, I open it softly

"Jeremy"I name

"Next time you cook, clean up"

"I was going to clean it, I ju-"Interrupted I get annoyed

I hate being interrupted 

"You are a guest here so let me remind you. You are inside someone else's home, respect it. You had one ticket and now its used, I don't clean other people's messes. Next time don't let it happen again"

He turns to walk away, almost reaching the end of the hallway

"Asshole"I whisper before poking my head out "Hey did you save my leftovers?"

He pauses and turns his face so I can see the side 

"Because I really want that for lunch tomorrow"

"Another thing, I don't save shit for anyone"

With that, he walks away

I know you ate it dumbass

Xx