"You finally came to my home," Ubuyashiki said slowly, "Right in front of me. Kibutsuji Muzan the demon my family, the demon hunters, have been chasing for a thousand years. And did you bring someone else with you too? Amane, what form... what shape does this man have? And what does this extra person look like?"

Amane looked like she wanted to cry, but she held it in. Just seeing Y/n, someone who was like another son to her, in the state he was in broke her heart. She kept composure though, making sure not to cry out in pain for Y/n.

"He looks like a man in his late 20s., but his eyes are plum red and his pupils are vertical like a cat," Amane said, she then took in a stuttering breath, "As for the other person, it's L/n Y/n in a short white, faded into (f/c), kimono with (f/c) gems decorating it."

Y/n flinched at the sound of Amane describing him. He slightly turned his head so that he would look away even more from Amane and Ubuyashiki. Muzan smirked when he noticed that Amane saw Y/n. He was glad that he brought Y/n.

"Ah... Y/n..." Ubuyashiki said carefully, "I know it's not your fault, so don't think that any of this is. It was bound to happen. I will always forgive you, my son. You are apart of the Ubuyashiki family so don't think that you're a nobody, we all truly love you as a son, as an older brother."

Y/n clutched his fist, he said nothing. He felt like crying but he couldn't, he couldn't even if he wanted to. His face didn't change expression, he kept his blank look.

Ubuyashiki could feel his wife tremble a bit beside him but had to pay no mind, "But as for you, Kibutsuji, I'm sure you're extremely made at me, at the family bloodline, but that's also why I was the only one who thought you'd come to kill me yourself."

"I'm truly disappointed, Ubuyashiki," Muzan said as he stood in front of Y/n more, as if shielding him, "I've lived a thousand of years without showing any signs of aging. And the old family who's gotten in my way all this time is now reduced to this. Repulsive, utterly repulsive. You already smell like a goddamn corpse, Ubuyashiki."

"I figured as much," Ubuyashiki said as he sat up, spitting out blood as he did so, "I was told by the doctors half a year ago that I was going to die in a few days. Yet here I am still alive, and the doctors are at lost for words. And I solely dedicated my soul to defeating you Muzan..."

Y/n glanced at Ubuyashiki. He could see the purple-blue aura starting to get paler and paler, meaning that his second father was slowly dying right before him. However, he knew that he can't do anything about it.

"And your fleeting dream will go to waste tonight," Muzan stated with an unamused look, "I will kill you right now."

However, Ubuyashiki continued to talk despite his weak state, "You might not know this but, you and I are of the same blood. You were born a thousand years ago, so maybe your blood is different from mine."

Muzan's eyes lowered, "I feel no emotion for you. What are you trying to say?"

"A monster like you came out of this family, and that led my family to be cursed," Ubuyashiki clarified, "Every child that was born in this family was weak and died right away. But when our family was about to be wiped from existence, the priest gave us some advice.

"'A demon cam from your bloodline, so you must dedicate your soul to defeating him, and if you do that, your family will not die out.' We have received wives from the priests for generations, and our children are more resilient to death now. But no one in our family has lived beyond 30."

Y/n played with his necklace gem out of anxiety. He was expected to stand here and be quiet, he was ordered to, so he will follow. Besides, Y/n has only ever known to follow orders.

"Number one, one night passes. Oh so busy, busy," The choir of the older little girls sung as they played with a toy ball, "Put the decorations up on the pine, on the pine. Number two..."

"The two leafed pine, colors, colors the three fold pine," Y/n whispered to himself.

Y/n remembers that children's song. It was an old song but it was popular with the kids no matter the ages. It was nice to hear after so many years of having to grow up so fast because of his poor life, and now his slayer life. Sometimes, Y/n just wants to go back to his childhood, where he was innocent, where he didn't have to worry about anything.

"...This connection to human thought is something you probably can't understand, Muzan," Ubuyashiki said bring Y/n out of his head, but he still didn't look at his father, "Because you and your kind will cease to exist once you die, right?"

Muzan's eyes widened as Y/n snapped his head to look at Ubuyashiki in slight shock. Muzan told everything to Y/n, so, of course, knew of most of the weakness of demons and where the core of life all starts; Muzan's life itself.

"A change of air, am I right?" Ubuyashiki asks, almost jokingly.

"Zip it..." Muzan said in a dark tone which made Y/n tense.

"Yeah, I'm done, I've said what I wanted to say to you. But can I say one thing? I am fortunately, yet undeservingly, loved by my demon hunters, my pillars in particular. So if I die, the morale of the demon hunters will be higher than ever."

Y/n's eyes slightly widened at Ubuyashiki's words. He's starting to become nervous for his father, he's starting to become scared.

Muzan put an arm in front of Y/n as he had anger in his eyes, "You done talking?" He asks, carefully.

"Yes," Ubuyashiki said with a smile like a Buddha, "Though I didn't expect you to actually listen to me. Thank you, Muzan. And, Y/n, I love you my son."

"Otosan—!" Y/n shouted but was cut off by the a loud bang.

Muzan quickly threw a black crystal near Y/n, creating a black crystallized dome around him. However, Muzan didn't have enough time to take care of himself, making him a victim to the blast that Ubuyashiki had created.

Y/n instinctively covered his ears and head because of the loud banging sounds of explosions. The dome around him shook and cracked as debris and explosions covered him. He wanted to scream, he wanted to cry, especially since he lost another father figure that was close to him, but he couldn't. He waited out the explosions.

Y/n truly just wants to die.

——————✧ ◦ ✦︎ ◦ ✧——————