Chapter 4: Fallon

After our first English class, Alex, Ella and I decide to head to the nearest diner for lunch. When we arrive at this cute little place called "Lacey's", we settle in a booth against the window. The conversation between the three of us flows so easy that anyone would think that we've known each other for years.

"So Ella, what're you majoring in?" Alex asks as she takes a bite of her cheese burger. I had ordered one too because who doesn't love a good burger. Ella being the amazing new human I just met, also got a burger. To be honest, I don't think I would've been able to be friends with her if she didn't like burgers.

"Oh, I'm actually majoring in fashion design." The way her eyes light up as she talks about it makes me smile. I loved when people were passionate about thing. Growing up with my hockey obsessed family, I have always been surrounded by people who were completely passionate about their future jobs. Choosing to be a psychology major was easy since I knew that I wanted to help people. I wouldn't say it was my passion but I do really like it.

"That's amazing! What made you choose that?" I question curiously.

"I have always loved anything related to clothing since I was little. One day, my brother comes home with a sewing machine and some fabrics and I've been hooked ever since." She stuffs a few fries in her mouth as she says this, a loving smile on her face.

"Wow. Your brother sounds amazing. I wish my brother would be that nice to me." Alex grumbles the last part and I stifle a laugh thinking about the crazy fights I've witnesses all my life. You could say that Alex and her older brother Austin have a special kind of relationship. Who am I to talk though. My brothers and I are also special. I guess that's why our families are such good friends. After me, Alex and Lesley met in kindergarten, our families had started getting together until we eventually became one big family. It just so happened that we all had brothers the same age and eventually they became best friends (well more like brothers). I still can't decide if them meeting was the best or worst idea to ever happen. Between my idiot twin brothers, Felix and Forrest, Austin and Lesley's brother Logan, they are definitely the most infuriating people ever. Not to mention super overprotective. Alex also has a little sister named Amelia who is actually best friends with Lesley's little brother, Lucas. Did I mention that they were also the same age. It's like the universe set our families up perfectly to match each other.

"Eh, he has his moments." We all chuckle lightly. "So what about you guys?"

"Well, were actually both psychology majors." Alex answers her. "We have another friend whose a dance major as well." At the mention of Lesley, I can't help but think of how great her and Ella would be as friends. I can't wait to introduce them!

"That's so cool. You guys are going to be great for when I need advice." She adds with a smirk. I snort and hum my agreement.

"Ha, you've got that right babe."

We finish up our meals and head back to our apartment. Ella tells me that she drove here because she's been spending her nights at her brothers place since her roommate has a tendency of bringing her fuck buddies to her dorm every night. Hearing this, an idea sparks in my head but I don't mention it yet since I've got to talk to the girls first.

So since she drove here, we all hop in her car and give her the directions to our apartment. When we pull up in the parking lot, we tell her to park beside our cars.

"Holy," she huffs, "wow." She manages to says as she stares at our cars in awe. Lesley's is currently missing but I know that once she sees it she'll have the same reaction. Are our families well-off? Yes. Does that mean we flaunt it for everyone to see? No, definitely not. However, that doesn't mean that we won't buy nice stuff for ourselves.

Alex and I share an amused look before dragging her to the apartment. Walking in, Ella takes her time looking over our place. While she does this, I sneak over to Alex to run my idea by her.

"Hey, so what do you think about having Ella be our fourth roommate. I mean, we have an extra room and honestly, I think she'll fit in perfectly with the three of us."

"Girl, that's a great idea! I totally agree about the fitting in part. There's just something about her company that just feels natural, like we've been friends for years." She whispers back.

"Oh my god, I was literally thinking the same thing. We just have to get Lesley on board." I say although I'm not really worried. I already know that she'll say yes, I just want to be 100% sure.

We join Ella who has just taken a seat on the grey couch in the living room. Honestly, I don't know where my parents bought this couch but damn, it literally feels like in sitting on a cloud.

"This is definitely one of the nicest apartments I've ever seen. And what the fuck, this is literally the comfiest couch I've ever laid on." She groans dramatically snuggling into the cushions further.

"I would call you dramatic but you're not wrong. Fall, I don't know where your mom got this couch, but she needs to tell me so I can put one in every room." I laugh at the starfish way Alex is laying.

The sound of the door opening has my head snapping up. Lesley walks in with three ice coffees and a large pizza box. The heavenly smell automatically invades my nose and I find myself drifting towards it before I even know I'm moving. Once I reach her, I give her a peck on the cheek and grab the coffees from her hand.

I happily stare at the coffees in a daze until I hear Lesley mumble a low 'of course you only grab the coffees. Fucking ice coffee addict'.

My head snaps towards her and I narrow my eyes. "I am not a coffee addict."

I hear a snort from behind me and knowing it was Alex, I flip her off. "Sorry to break it to you Fall, but you are. You cannot function without drinking at least two large ice coffees a day. Sometimes even that is not enough for you." She raises a brow at me daring me to disagree with her.

My mouth opens to protest but I quickly shut it, knowing that she's right. I settle on just glaring at her. "I hate you." I grumble as I walk away from her.

"Love you too babe!" She calls after me and I swear I can practically hear the smirk in her voice at being right.

I take a seat on the couch next a very amused Ella. I can tell she wants to laugh at me but she's holding herself back. Lesley comes over to us a few minutes later with the pizza.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry I just saw you now. I'm Lesley by the way." She says with her natural bright smile.

The smile Ella sends her is just as bright. "I'm Ella, it's so nice to meet you."

While they begin to chat, I look over to Alex and a silent conversation goes on with our eyes. She sends me nod before whispering something in Lesley's ear. They both then look over to me and nod their heads enthusiastically. A giant smile of my own spreads across my face as I turn to Ella.

I have to stifle a laugh as I find her trying to stuff half of her pizza slice in her mouth. When she sees us all staring at her, she stops chewing and mumbles a 'what' with her mouth still full.

"So we want to run an idea by you. Well we have an extra room over here that's empty at the moment and we were wondering if you wanted to live here with us? Plus, it probably beats crashing at your brothers place all the-" I get cut off when she tackles me, squealing in excitement.

"OMG! I would love to live here! Thank you guys so much!" She then runs over to tackle the other two. We all laugh as the three of them fall off the couch and onto the floor from the force of her tackle. Without a second thought, I run over and jump on top of their bodies making them all groan while I laugh loudly.

We spend the rest of the night getting to know each other and looking at the way the four of us are together, I know without a doubt that meeting Ella is going to be one of the best things that ever happened to us.