"So before we cleanse this place, what do you think is inside there?"

"According to what the other disciples gave me is that there are only fierce corpses within this forest."

"Thank you, Jin Ling. If that's the case then."

Wei Wuxian jumped on a tree branch and stood with a smile.

"Won't you get started then?"

The children smile as they head inside the forest to look for the corpses. A few moments pass and Wei Wuxian could already hear screaming coming from Ouyang Zizhen and Lan Jingyi.

"Ah! Wei-qianbei! Help!"

"You're doing well Jingyi! Keep that stance and jump!"

Wei Wuxian laughs and grins proudly at the young boy saving his own life by following his instructions.

"Shizui, to your left!"

Lan Shizui slashed the corpse in front of him and turned to his right to fight the one incoming.

"Jin Ling, don't just use your sword. You're skilled with a bow and arrow too no? Utilize!"

Jin Ling clicked his tongue as he leaped to a tree and used his arrows to kill the corpses that crossed his way.

"Help! Help me!"

Ouyang Zizhen was now surrounded by corpses but Wei Wuxian didn't even move a muscle. A second later, Lan Jingyi was now in front of Ouyang Zizhen, protecting him.

"Good job Jingyi!"

Wei Wuxian sat on the branch as he watched the boys fight artisticly, a soft smile on his face as he does so. But moments later, the boys were now exhausted though fierce corpses just keep coming towards them. They all were now back to back with the tree Wei Wuxian was sitting at.

"Wei-qianbei! Please help us! There are too many! We can not take them anymore!"

"Wei-qianbei please help!"

Wei Wuxian sighed as he let out a chuckle. Jumping down from the branch as he takes Chenqing and places it on his mouth. Playing an eerie melody as the corpses were immobilized. His eyes glowing red as the corpses were now lifelessly, one by one, falling on the ground.

"Haha! Thank you so much, Wei-qianbei!"

"Wei-qianbei is so good!"

"Hmph, whatever."

"Thank you for helping us, Wei-qianbei."

Wei Wuxian patted Lan Shizui's hair and smiled at him.

"You four did great tonight."

Ouyang Zizhen and Lan Jingyi smiled widely as they high five each other. Jin Ling just proudly smiles, secretly happy that his uncle praised him. Lan Shizui hugged his father and said thanks for the praise he gave.

"Come on, let's find an inn."

Wei Wuxian leaded them out of the forest. On the walk, Wei Wuxian was now the one to start the conversation.

"Jingyi had done great with his stance but the same moves won't work everytime. Use a few more fluid movements, okay?"

"I will!"

"Zizhen did good too. Your swordsmanship improved and you exceeded the last time I was with you. Though you need to be more aware of your surroundings."

"Thank you, Wei-qianbei."

"Jin Ling, you did better than last time. You surely did improve with your sword techniques. But I hope you take my advice and utilize with your given selection on weapon."