Mistletoe

* Phil's POV *

"Thy was such a good concert! I'm so glad I went!"

"Calm down Phil, it wasn't that great" Dan said to me, his head down, and fingers tapping at his sides.

"Chin up, chummy." I elbowed him. He flinched away, looking genuinely hurt.

"Dan, you're too down on yourself." Lauren interrupted. "Besides, I was the real star of the show."

Dan adverted his attention to Lauren, "yeah right, I heard that B flat."

"Rude," Lauren grumbled.

"You guys are a bunch of band nerds." I tell them. "And where are we going?"

Dan takes my hand, "post-performance tradition."

We ended up in an outdoor cafe full of white painted patio furniture. "Oh my gosh! The Christmas lights! They're so pretty!" Lauren squeaks, then continues in the background as I was was too mesmerized by the fairy lights' reflection in Dan's eyes. His mouth stood open a gap, his head tilted upwards.

"I've never been here during the winter."

"Really? Where h-"

"Look over here!" Lauren yells. "Christmas trees! Real Christmas trees!"

"Smells like Christmas to me," I comment.

"Christmas is my fav - ufff!" Lauren is knocked over by a man with brown hair.

"I'm so sorry!" He exclaims "Are you alright?!"

I hear Dan say something and take a step back. I watch as Lauren's eyes grow wide as she looks up at the man.

"Perfect. Just perfect." She replies slowly.

Dan pulls on my arm and beckons me to leave them be.

"What is it?" I ask him, leaning close.

"Pretty sure Lauren just met her soulmate. She's had those words 'I'm so sorry are you alright?' On her arm forever. I think we should leave them be."

I take one look back, then leave them be. They were already a cute couple. I wonder if anyone ever thought that about Dan and I. I decided to ask him, "Dan, do you think -"

"Yes, yes I do. We are adorable."

I stop in my tracks. "How did you know what I was going to say?"

A cheeky smile plays on Dan's lips. "We're soul mates, remember?"

I squeeze his hand, then we go get some hot chocolate.

The steam of Dan's hot chocolate wraps it's way around Dan's features and curls the ends of his hair as he brings the cup up to his face.

"What're you doing?"

"Looking at you." I respond, not embarrassed in the least.

"Weirdo."

"Hey, I'm not the one with fluff on my face." I laugh as Dan frantically scrubs his face with his hand.

"I hate you." Dan grumbles.

I laugh and scoot closer to him, if possible. "Hey look up, mistletoe. " I smile and lean closer.

AN: sorry that sucked but oh well.