The End Of All Things

* Phil's POV *

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, officer! We have to go!"

"Son, we have a protocol."

"Please! Dan's been gone fore two weeks! Who knows what's happened to him! Now we know where he is, so let's go!"

He was at his piano teachers house, I knew it. It's the only plausible answer. He disappeared with Dan's parents.

After an hour, they were ready to leave. I stood up from my waiting room chair. "I'm going with you."

"No, you're staying here. This could turn into a very violent situation."

"No! Listen to me. He is my boyfriend and I found him, so I will go with you for him!"

The officer looked at another and shrugged. "Fine. But stay out of the line of fire-too much paper work."

I jumped into the back seat of his car, and we started moving.

Hold on Dan. We're almost there.

* Dan's POV *

I could hear lots of shuffling around the house. Parts of their conversation came through the wall: ". . . found us . . . hostage situation . . . grab the kid . . ."

The door swung open to my father. I was in too much pain to act brave.

"Get up, we're leaving." I heard sirens in the distance. He looked over his shoulder and walked over to the window. He moved the curtain slightly with his fingers. "Shit."

"They're here!"

"I know!" My father responded. "We're leaving come on!" The sirens stopped and the sound of car doors opening and closing surrounded us.

"Mr. Howell and -"

"LET'S GO!"

He came at me. "NO!" I yelled back at him, trying to scoot away, but at least one rib was broken for sure and I couldn't move.

He grabbed one of my arms and yanked me upwards. My chest turned to fire and I let out a scream.

"Shut up!" He yelled and punched me in the stomach. I felt dizzy and sick. My body felt nothing and yet everything. We were walking forward towards the door, but I didn't have control over any of my limbs. My mouth had a metallic taste that made me choke.

The coughing made my ribs and lungs hurt more and suddenly I was coughing up blood. My dad started shaking me and telling me to stop. My head lolled onto his as my body gave up complete function of itself.

* Phil's POV *

We had arrived. That was what I was grateful for. But I wasn't grateful for Dan's condition.

"NO!" I heard from inside the house. Clearly Dan's voice. I wanted to run towards him, but an officer held me back as soon as I stepped a foot outside the car.

Then a scream. My heart broke. It wasn't a scream of fear but pain. It left everything in it's wake silent. The officers started approaching the open deck of the house, but not before three figures appeared.

I wanted to cry. Two big men came out, both armed with guns. One man had a pistol aimed directly at the third figure. Dan.

He looked awful. His head was leaning on the gun, and it looked like that was the only thing keeping him up. He was fully supported by the man, I'm assuming his father. His hairline was covered in blood, and the area surrounding his mouth and chin were covered as well. His previously clean shirt was covered in blood and dirt and, in some places, what looked like footprints. His arms were tied behind his back and his knees were wobbling.

His eye lids fluttered as if he was in a limbo between consciousness and unconsciousness. He coughed and blood dribbled onto his chin.

I was only focused on him. My boyfriend. The love of my life. How could I let this happen to him?

I couldn't hear what was going on around me. I didn't want to miss Dan. I took in all gruesome details. Suddenly, I heard an officer about: "Let the boy go!"

His father dug the pistol into Dan's head, making him yell out in pain. My heart started beating harder in my chest. My feet automatically moved forward, but I was being held back.

All of the sudden, an officer shot Dan's handler. Blood splattered to the wall behind them and on Dan. Dan immediately collapsed to the ground. A second shot led to the death of the other man. I immediately ran to Dan, pushing past all the officers trying to stop me.

"Dan!" I yelled, dropping down next to him. "Dan!" I started crying over him.

His eyes didn't focus on me, but instead started closing. "I...I don't feel too good." An oxygen mast was placed over his mouth and nose and he was put onto a stretcher.

"I'm coming with you." I told an EMT. They nodded and I got in the back with the others.

I grabbed Dan's recently freed hand, "hold on, sweetie."

He was finally safe.