epilogue [part two]

another time skip, around a month after the first two weeks kyo was in hospital

Kyo Ji-Yun had never seen Kang Sae-Byeok so happy when she heard of the day she'd be getting out of hospital, which was steadily approaching. They had called Cheol's orphanage together, saying that they were gonna be taking him out of there in around a few days so he could visit Kyo in hospital.

Gi Hun, without either of the two girls knowing, took it upon himself to try and find them a house. He took photos of them and sent them to Sae-Byeok's new phone, who then showed Kyo.

"That one has a great pool. Can Cheol swim?" Kyo asked her, and Sae-Byeok shrugged.

"I've heard that there was a pond nearby the orphanage, so I don't know."

Kyo gently grabbed her hand, fiddling with her calloused fingers, "I asked Gi Hun to find a new broker that can help with getting your mom out the North." Sae-Byeok glanced at her, her expression changing drastically. 

"Really?"

"Yeah, of course, I always live up to my promises, don't I?" Kyo gave her an adorable smile, causing Sae-Byeok's heart to melt further. "You've literally fell for me face first and everything."

"Your head is getting so fucking huge," Sae-Byeok teased, pointing at her head. "That ego's gonna make you float like a balloon." Kyo frowned, pushing her hand away.

"You're such an idiot."

"Your idiot," Sae-Byeok ruffled her hair, jumping away from Kyo who lunged at her with a blush on her face. "See, Cheol would've called you a tomato if we had called earlier."

"My bad, I fell asleep!"

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Sae-Byeok wasn't one for grand gestures, but she might as well make use of the fact that Kyo loved kid's cereal just as much as the older girl loved her. She had gotten her whatever she could find at the department store across from the hospital.

When she got back, Kyo was wide awake talking to her nurse, rubbing her eyes when Sae-Byeok walked in with boxes of cereal, "Am I dreaming right now?"

"Nope," she said bluntly. "I am definitely holding vibrant cereal boxes."

Kyo extended her arms out for the boxes, immediately opening one and just eating it's contents. The nurse looked at her, slightly concerned, but Sae-Byeok just gave her a grimace, "Just this once."

The nurse sighed, seeing herself out with her clipboard. Sae-Byeok set the rest of the boxes down to the side, sitting down on the arm chair beside Kyo's bed, "How'd you sleep?"