episode 1

"What do you mean you can't afford to feed her?" Kyo Ji-Yun ran a hand through her hair, growing more frustrated by the minute. "I just gave you my pay check, so you have the money!" Her uncle on her dad's side was being rash, and if ji-yun got her hands on him, he would be as good as dead.

"Where's mama then?" she asked as she boarded the bus; one of the first parts of her journey to her shitty run-down apartment. "Let me talk to her."

"You're not talking to her until you give me more money" came the response, and it took all of her will-power not to cuss him out in front of the crowded bus. Sometimes, she wondered how she managed to get here. Kyo was living a good life in japan, but her father and his brothers decided to move the family to South Korea. Her other uncle that she had little contact with, was a cop, and his brother. . . no one had heard from him in months. Her father had passed from a heart attack when she was 13.

"How about I go over there and beat your ass?" ji-yun walked towards the front of the bus, patting the bus driver's shoulder to get him to let her down at the stop. She stepped off the bus and began to walk down the sidewalk.

"Look, it's either you get me more money in two weeks time, or I throw your sick mother onto the streets." ji-yun clenched her fists, her nails digging into her palms as she walked, the bright lights of the bridge to the train station lighting her way.

"Alright, I'll get you your stupid cash," ji-yun snarked before her uncle hung up. She stuffed her phone into her pocket, picking up her pace as an announcement on the train station's pa stated that the train would be leaving soon. 

However, as she finally reached the train platform, the train doors were already closing and even if she ran, she wouldn't make it. Kyo sat down on the waiting bench for the next train, pulling out her phone to find that it was on 21%. She just had to keep working, that's all her life was. Work to provide for your mother, the woman that raised you yet made your life a living hell.

"excuse me?"

Kyo jumped, nearly dropping her phone but she managed to catch it. She glanced at the person who spoke; it was a man in a suit, and even though she didn't quite play for the same team, she couldn't deny that he wasn't handsome. "What the fuck, man?"

"Can I ask you something?" he said, and Kyo hesitantly sat back down. Why was some random guy in a fancy suit talking to her of all people at a basically empty train station? She nodded and he spoke again. "Would you like to play a game with me?"

She glanced around, "Who the hell are you, Jigsaw?" Kyo snorted, but the man was still looking at her intently. "Oh, you're serious?" He nodded and pulled open a brief case, and in there was 5000 and 1000 won and two envelopes. One red and the other, blue. Her eyes widened at the amount of cash; looks like she found a loophole. "You want me to play ddakji with you, pretty guy?"