episode 2 [part 2]

some more fluff before we get back to hell 😫😫

Sae-Byeok had managed to get Kyo back into bed after fifteen minutes of calming her down in the bathroom

On her lap.

Kyo didn't seem to mind it at all, so she relaxed, eventually falling asleep to the sounds of cars going by around them. When she woke up the next day, she found Kyo Ji-Yun sitting at the table with a styrofoam food box. There was another box opposite her.

Sae-Byeok yawned, getting up to go to the bathroom. Kyo watched her enter the bathroom and shut the door, turning back to her phone. She had woken up early to get them some breakfast, which she ended up stealing since she forgot to bring cash.

Kyo heard the chair opposite her get pulled back and she looked up to find a wet-haired Sae-Byeok already digging into the scrambled eggs, "How much did you pay for these?" As soon as she asked, there was a loud banging on their door. The younger girl looked at her in confusion as the loud banging repeated.

"Hey! Open up in there! Give back what you took!"

"Yeah, you might wanna eat a bit quicker," Kyo encouraged through a mouthful of noodles as she got up to put on her jacket. Sae-Byeok's eyes widened as she began to eat faster before Kyo threw her jacket at her. "Ready?"

"Always." Sae-Byeok smirked, and Kyo's stomach erupted with butterflies.

Sae-Byeok opened the door, an innocent smile on her face even as she faced an angry store owner, "What is it, sir?"

"Where's your little friend, huh?" the store owner glared at her, looking into the room behind her. "Let me take a look inside. Where is she?"

He pushed past her and into the room, however, Kyo was behind the door with the room key, "Away, that's where." She was quick to grab Sae-Byeok's hand and get her out the room, locking the door behind them. To their delight, he began to demanded he be let out of the room. Kyo laughed as they began to run, descending the stairs quickly.

They ran to the bus station where a bus was about to leave, but with Kyo running extremely fast, they made it, huffing and laughing. Both of them had shit-eating grins on their faces and when the bus suddenly lurched forward, Sae-Byeok stumbled. She expected to fall on the ground, but felt a hand around her waist and she was pulled back up, putting a hand on Kyo's shoulder.

Kyo and Sae-Byeok were standing incredibly close together, and neither backed away for majority of the bus ride to where they were going to see her little brother. The older girl was relieved as they got off the bus, cool air hitting her red cheeks.

Sae-Byeok led the way and they ended up in a playground type area. Kyo had stolen some ice cream cones even though a nun came out and gave the kids ice cream, "My new stealing talents were put to waste."