Now here he is, in the corner of the class, staring at them.

The first he noticed is his best friend, Viktor, who would probably rather be saving all his game data instead of him from getting eaten by lions. But honestly, who was he to judge? He could be wrong.

Next was Shaun and Syed, whom he both felt relieved and bitterly jealous from.

He was relieved because he's not standing next to them where they can taunt him relentlessly in front of the class and no one would bat an eye.

Yet he was bitter BECAUSE they weren't in the corner with him. Considering what he remembered is that those two were chasing him earlier today. So how in the world are they not late?

But all in all, even though no one was directly looking at him, he can't stand the fact that he was in front of the class standing there like a fool. So he turned around and face the wall until lecture stops.

—————

"i hate this school...." He said as his face is planted directly on the lunch table.

The lunch hour is loud, absolutely loud. Ali hates it, considering he was so used to the quiet and lonesome atmosphere of his home, somehow.

"Haiya, who told you to wake up late?" His best friend asks.

"Who told me to play Detective Jebat till eleven?" he retorted.

Viktor could only let out an awkward, tiny chuckle from the words of his friend.

"Ey Ali!"

'ugh, what do they want now?'

"Ya still haven't payed yer debts, buddy." Shaun and Syed, probably the least of his problems in his life. That is, if he knew any ways to defend himself.

He then felt Viktor grabbed his wrist and dragged them away to the restroom.

—————

So now they're sharing a stall, with Ali crouching on top of the toilet seat and Viktor continued to play that game of his.

Ali sighs in relief. "Thanks Vik, you're the bestest friend I could ask for." He smiled.

Viktor, not batting an eye, replied: "I'm literally your only friend."

"Can't I just be thankful?"

"Mmmmmaaybe."

"Okay then, imagine if I become a super secret agent and ditch all our plans last minute, let's see how you feel!"

"Yeah, like THAT would ever happen." Viktor lowers his tablet to face Ali with a playful smirk.

Ali rolled his eyes in a similar response. "Just be glad that wouldn't happen, because, who knows, I might be in the future."

The two friends laughed a bit. "Let's go back to class, can't be late like earlier."

"Well at least we can stand in the corner together." Ali playfully shoves Viktor.

—————

School was over and Ali felt more exhausted than usual, wonder why?

"Ali!" He looks up to see who was calling him.

"Uncle Bakar?" Why is his uncle suddenly wants to pick him up from school? He can go home on his own.

Bakar approached the boy with a smile. "Look at how much you grow!"

"Heeh.... 's not much..."

Bakar ruffled the boy's hair. "How old are ya, sport? Nine?" He asks.